↠ 7

this is a deadass long chapter so be prepared y'all

•••

the artamonovs didn't seemed to enjoy their breakfast as they watched the news about ventura nunier's arrest. unfortunately, he was accused of embezzling public funds, bribery and criminal negligence—which the artamonovs couldn't do anything to help about it.

their family did a great job to found the avenues to avoided such matters as they're wanted the family's businesses established since 1938 developed in honest and legal ways. but after all, the nuniers has been their business partner since they came in madrid. not to mention that guzman is one of tanya's best friends.

meanwhile, tanya didn't have anything to say since last evening. her plan about avoiding guzman and ander had took over her mind since she got up from her bed. besides, she couldn't think clearly especially after her father told her about the kazankovs.

"joder, ventura," sergei sighed as he lowered the tv volumes, causing his wife glared at him. warned him not to say such things in front of their daughter.

"darling, have you talked to guzman?" savanna immediately asked her daughter—who had finished her breakfast—to change the subject.

"no," the whiz girl shooked her head, "I haven't talked to him for a while,"

"what happened with you two?" savanna asked, concerned about her constant behaviors. she didn't talk and protest much like she always do. and now, she didn't talk with her best friend—which is strange enough for savanna because she knew that tanya and guzman—including ander and polo—were inseparable.

"nada," she mumbled and shrugged off, "I'm just preoccupied by the MUN and the upcoming exams,"

"well, maybe it is the right time to talk with him," her mother said, "he'd through a hard time and you should comfort him,"

"sí, mama. I'm trying," she smiled slightly at her mother, reassured her so she didn't have to worry about her.

•••

tanya's back leaned on the window as she scrolled through her phone. reading the news from some platforms to find something new but it was only ventura nunier's name all over it. she was too lazy to joined her circle friends who currently comforted guzman because of his father. but she also keeping her ears and eyes to her circle.

"don't worry, tio," ander—who sat beside guzman—tried his best to comfort his best friend. tanya rolled her eyes at him but at least he tried his best.

"really... don't," lu put her hands on guzman's shoulders,

"it's okay," guzman said as he woke up from buried his face on the desk, "it's pre-trial detention. we pay bail and he's released,"