Mike

{Mike}

"Why are you late? And why do you smell like weed? You weren't smoking were you?" Vic bombarded me with questions, as we were walking home. I just sighed and waited until he was finished. "No, I wasn't smoking weed. I'm late, because I was on the field talking to.. Uh Tony." I whispered the last part, I was still a little embaressed about what happeded not that long ago. "You talked to him? What did he say? Does he feel the same way?" Vic was asking a million questions. "He doesn't feel the same way. But he kissed me." I told him. He just chuckled. "He likes you. It's not that hard to tell." I looked at my brother with confusion. "What are you talking about?" Before he could respond, my phone rang. I took it out my front pocket, and looked at the caller I.D. it was Alysha. I looked at Vic and answered it. "Hey Alysha." I said, Vic looked at my with confusiion this time. "Hey Mike. How are you?" She asked. "I'm fine how are you?" I asked, being respectful. I don't know what she said, because I wasn't paying attention. "Mike. Are you still there?" I heard her ask. "Yes. What did you say? I asked. "Would you want to go back out. The whole thing with Frank was just a phase right?" She asked. I sighed. I could lie to her, and tell her that I still loved her, and that I wanted to go back out with her. But then again I could always tell her the truth, tell her that we are betteer off friends, and it wasn't a phase. "Look, Alysha. The whole Frank thing wasn't a phase. I am gay. And I do love you, but I think we should just be friends." I told her. She didn't say anything, she laughed. "See Hayley, I told you. Thanks Mike. And yes, I would  love yo be friends." She said and hung up. I looked at Vic. He just smiled, and walked into the house.

"Boys, come here please." I heard our mom say from the kitchen. Both Vic and I walked in, and waited for her to say something. "So, we have family coming this week. I need your rooms to be clean. And please be nice." She told us. Vic and I nodded. "They are coming Friday." I heard he say as we walked away. Today was Tuesday. We has two days to clean and get everything ready. Knowing my mom, she wouldn't rest until she thought everything was perfect to her liking. I walked to my room and closed the door. I looked around my room, and sighed. My room needed a whole lot of cleaning, there was no doubt about that. But me being a procrasinator, I told myself that I would do it tommrow. I walked to my closet, and took out my 'secret box' I waked over to my window, and started rolling the 'mary jane'. When I was finished, I lit it up, and started smoking it.

I took the first hit, and I felt relaxed instanly. This was the best feeling I have felt all day. I felt good for the first time today, since last Friday. I finished my blunt, and sprayed air freshener around my room and laid down on my bed. I thought about the 'talk' Tony and I had earlier. I couldn't help but think how stupid I was. Why would he feel the same way? Why would he like me? He sin't even gay. I felt a teat fall down my cheek. I let myself get to close to someone I didn't know. And I hated that.

{Tony}

I thought about the talk I had with Mike earlier. I hated that I told him the kiss was the wrong thing. That the kiss was a mistake. I felt my heart sink when he walked away. I probably ruined the best thing that could have happened to me. I sighed and grebbed my back pack. I walked down the bleachers, and tried to find my friends. I looked around the whole field to see if I could find them. I didn't see them, so I gave up. I walked  through the crowded halls, and walked through the double doors, and walked home.

I was scared, because if Jermey was there, he would take his anger out on me for being late. I didn't bother checking my phone, because there was no need to. I just kept walking, taking in the silence. The sound of my feet hitting the pavement soothed me. It made me feel calm. When I reached my driveway, I didn't see his car. I let out a reliveing sigh, and walked in. I called out for my mom but I didn't hear her. I jsut shrugged it off, and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and went up to my room.

I dropped my backpack, and sat on my bed. As soon as I sat down, reality hit me. I thought about Mike, and how bad I hurt him. I thought  about trying to fix it, but he probably doesn't want to talk to me.

Its short, I'm really sorry guys. I might put this story on pause, along with my other two. I have to get caught up on school, and I hurt my hand, so typing is a little hard. Again, I'm really sorry.