𝗞𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗲

Začít od začátku

"This is correct..." Zhongli said then looked elsewhere while y/n snickered, greatly amused by this answer.

"Damn. No shame." Aether shook his head.

"What are we gonna do? Is this the part where we go crawling back to Childe?" Paimon asked.

Y/n perked up at the mention of her friend, not noticing how Aether frowned, "Can we?"

•••

Y/n watched on with a whimsical expression as Childe laughed hysterically, tears threatening to fall.

"Cocogoat! Cocogo- Ahahaow my sides hurt... Oh my goodness, I cannot BELIEVE you fell for that!" Childe exclaimed in between his laughter.

"Hey! Less laughter, more sympathy!" Paimon snapped, pouting a little.

"I'm almost in tears over here... Ah, thank you, that was the best laugh I've had in a long time. In return, I'm more than happy to sort out this mess you've managed to get yourselves into..." Childe wheezed as he finally calmed down, "Excuse me, sir... Dr. Baizhu, isn't it? Truly honored. I'm Childe, one of the Fatui harbingers. Forgive my audacity, but I see a great many opportunities for us to collaborate in the future..."

Aether looked at y/n and frowned. The girl didn't even react when the ginger mentioned that he was a harbinger.

The blond waited, wondering if the girl was processing the words but no. It was as if she hadn't heard at all!

'Did she even hear him?' Aether wondered.

Nope. She was daydreaming about going gliding with Amber. The brunette still owed her a lesson.

"If Bubu Pharmacy needed a stable supply of, say, coconut milk, the Fatui could help by setting up a robust and speedy distribution network." Childe chirped.

"Strange... I knew the Fatui infiltrated businesses with seductive deals, but... so much fuss over coconut milk?" Changsheng murmured.

"Coconut milk. Baizhu. Quick. Qiqi wants coconut milk." Qiqi demanded.

"Ah... Yes, of course, Qiqi, anything you want..." Baizhu laughed, "Thank you, Childe. I look forward to a successful collaboration in the future. I can give you a discount on that Everlasting Incense too, let's say... 2,990,000 Mora."

"That's like, zero difference from three million!" Paimon complained and y/n finally snapped out of her daze.

"It's a whole ten thousand less than three million." y/n pointed out, clearly proud of her knowledge in mathematics.

After paying and receiving the Everlasting Incense, Zhongli headed off to drop it off at Yujing Terrace while the three travel buddies stayed behind to chat with Baizhu and Qiqi.

Y/n was really just annoying Changsheng the entire time, calling her Kanye rather than her actual name.

Outside, Childe lingered, shaking his head with with amused little smile.

"That lot is an absolute riot. That I laughed that hard was when y/n got spooked by a frog..." the ginger chuckled, "So. You've been eavesdropping, I hope. What have I missed?"

Another fatui member stepped from the shadows, "Yes, Master Childe. They spoke of the Qixing taking the Golden House..."

"Well, well, well. Ningguang and her Qixing cronies. What else would they be hiding in the Golden House... if not the Exuvia?" Childe said with a shake of his head, "I apologize, Aether. But I warned you, didn't I? As the old Liyue saying goes: The walls have ears."

His blue gaze turned to y/n who was happily enjoying coconut milk with Qiqi, look of pure bliss on her face.

The Harbinger smiled slightly at the sight of his former travel partner before leaving.

•••

"Well, as it stands, we've hired helpers, and we've acquired the Everlasting Incense. The completion of our preparations is not far off." Zhongli sighed after Aether and Paimon had convinced a reluctant y/n to say goodbye to Baizhu, Changsheng and the h/c haired girl's new friend.

"Whew... Finally!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Well, Aether. Have you gained anything from our adventure so far?" Zhongli asked.

"It's been... odd." Aether murmured.

"Odd?" Y/n echoed.

"I'm not sure if we've been living the high life... Or experiencing the struggles of the poor?" Aether admitted, laughing.

"Haha, which is it, I wonder?" Zhongli chuckled with a shake of his head, "The questions that such travels raise are ever so complicated. Well, I'll leave you to ruminate over it yourself. As to remuneration for your help, I've decided to treat you to a meal."

Y/n's eyes lit up, "FOOD"

"Zhongli... treating?" Paimon asked.

"Wow. Amazing." Aether muttered and y/n gave him a glare.

"Quit being rude before he withdraws his offer! I want food!" y/n snapped at Aether and tugged on the blond's braid.

"Oh? Ah, yes, don't worry. I will remember to bring the Mora this time." Zhongli laughed, "Tonight, I shall take you both to an old hole-in-the-wall, praised throughout Liyue."

"Hole-in-the-wall?" Paimon tilted her head, "As in... a cool restaurant?"

"Indeed. let us meet near the harbor at Third-Round Knockout." Zhongli replied with a smile.

"Yes! Yes! Let's go! I'm starving! I haven't eaten in ages!" y/n exclaimed.

"Paimon will race ya!" Paimon exclaimed and zoomed away.

Before y/n could run after her, Aether grabbed her by the collar of her cloak, "Hold on."

"Huh? What is it?" y/n asked.

"Back at the Pharmacy. Did you not hear what Childe said?" Aether questioned.

Y/n frowned, "Nye... not really..." The e/c eyed girl tilted her head, "What? Did he say something bad or anything?"

Aether opened his mouth to reply but halted. He didn't want to see that happy expression of hers from before fade away.

"Erm... nothing." Aether sighed.

"Oh, alright." y/n murmured then grabbed her friend's hand, "Come! We must catch up with Paimon!"

(I still can't believe Zhongli has the same VA as Hawkmoth, wtf-)

(We got this hottie-)

(And then this-)

(AAAAAA, I CAN'T STOP THINKING OF HAWKMOTH WHEN I HEAR ZHONGLI-)