𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀

(I decided just to make y/n older so I could keep the ages the same. Ughhh, I can't with this anymore-)

(Enjoy the chapter! ^^)

[Edited again]

Holding y/n's hand was nice.

Despite the many years she'd spent out in the wild, y/n's hands were soft. Of course, there were many scars but Aether found them interesting. Part of him wanted to ask the girl where she'd gotten them from.

As they made their way up the stairs, Aether noted how y/n kept her right hand in her pocket the entire time. He guessed that the strange glove she'd been so protective of was in that particular pocket.

They finally made it to the top and Aether couldn't help but notice how y/n's grip on his hand slightly tightened.

He gave her a curious look and found that her brows were furrowed and her e/c eyes were looking anywhere but at Childe.

"Ah! I see you've returned!" the ginger exclaimed and gave y/n a sweet smile, "And it looks like you're feeling a little better. Good to see you again, y/n."

Y/n simply let go of Aether's hand, walked forward and just let her head rest against her friend's chest as she let out a single sigh.

"Uhm... missed..." she exhaled through her nose then muttered, "Missed... you."

Childe laughed, rubbing the girl's head, "Aw, I missed you too, y/n! So! Traveler-"

"Aether." the blond corrected, his voice flat. His attention was directed to y/n who seemed to be enjoying the head pats she was receiving from the ginger.

'They must be really good friends, considering that y/n hasn't attempted to bite his hand yet-' Aether thought, thinking back to when y/n had bitten a man's hand after he mistook her for a child and attempted to pat her head, 'And she seems awfully comfortable too. Maybe they're more than friends?'

Aether snapped out of his thoughts and told Childe about what had happened with Moon Carver, Mountain Shaper, Cloud Retainer and Xiao to which Childe listened intently while patting y/n's head as if she were a cat.

"I see... Moon Carver, Mountain Shaper, Cloud Retainer and Conquerer of Demons. Some of these names have never come up in the information the Fatui gets a hold of." Childe murmured.
(Moom Carver-)

Aether was a little surprised when y/n didn't get angry at the mention of the Fatui. It took a moment for Aether to realize that the girl had actually dozed off and was snoring softly, her face peaceful.

"As a returning gift, I too have information for you." Childe continued, "Regarding the Archon's passing, the Qixing's response really has given me food for thought. They've announced as the true killer has not yet been found, nobody is allowed to pay their respects to the Exuvia. They've even gone so far as to try and cut off information... but with the Rite of Descension and all, even the Qixing isn't able to keep a lid on things."

"Exuvia?" Paimon inquired.

"It's common knowledge in Liyue that Rex Lapis is also an adeptus. The Geo Archon is also the God of Contracts, and is also known as the Exuvia, Prime of the Adepti." Childe explained, "The mighty and illuminated adepti of today all signed contracts to protect Liyue back then."

"That explains why they're so focused on Liyue's well-being." Paimon realized.

"Naturally. They both have the responsibility and the aptitude for the job. If the ruling Qixing became unable to perform their duty properly, the adepti have the right to take corrective action. The Geo Archon's spirit has risen, so why would the Qixing hide his vessel? Truly suspicious."