twelve.

JORDYN TILTS HER head back, letting the drops of water land on her face

Her mind keeps playing back the previous night, how close Caius was. Every time she thinks about it, her heart will begin to race and she starts feeling incredibly shy. She's never felt this way towards anyone, not even old boyfriends.

She finds herself wondering what would have happened if they kissed, how would his lips feel? How would he react?

But she quickly stops herself by thinking of random things. Bella, Bella's wedding.

She starts imagining Bella's dress, she and Bella spoke over the phone while Bella was picking the dress out, while Jordyn has yet to see it, she already knows Bella looks stunning.

As she thinks of these things, she reaches over and grabs a razor, gliding the blade across her leg.

But her distracted thoughts cause her to nick her leg with the sharp blade, blood trickles down her shin. "Shit." She hisses as the water lands directly on the gash

She turns the water off abruptly, missing the warmth the water supplied her with. She reaches her hand out and pulls a fluffy white towel off the rack, she dries her body off, careful around the new cut.

She searches for something to stop the bleeding with, quickly, because she's living in a castle full of vampires.

She holds the towel around her body while searching for a bandaid, but she has to settle with using tissues.

Once she's certain that the bleeding is fully stopped, she throws the blood covered tissue away and leaves the bathroom.

She puts her bottoms on first, examining the cut, taking note how it isn't too deep, she throws on a white T-shirt, along with a blue fuzzy cardigan. She walks out of her wardrobe and flops onto her bed, sinking down into it.

She falls asleep in this position, the shower calming and soothing her muscles.

***

CAIUS GLIDES THROUGH the stone halls, abruptly coming to a halt when the scent off blood fills his senses.

It's nots just any blood, its Jordyns blood, her scent is so very distinct to him now.

His undead heart drops, thinking of the worst-case scenario. She fell and cut herself, bleeding out. A guard member came into her room and killed her. Very dramatic notions. These are the thoughts that run through his mind as he blows through the halls on the way to Jordyns room.

He pushes her door open, causing it to collide with the wall, the sound booming throughout the whole room.

Jordyn shoots up in her bed, quickly blinking away the blurriness in her vision. She narrows her eyes at Caius who looms in front of her.

"Dude, really?" Her voice holds an annoyed tone to it.

"Are you alright?" He sounds alert and worried.

"No, I was having a pretty good dream—before you came barging in." She looks at him disapprovingly.

He furrows his eyebrows together and looks over her body, she doesn't look injured, no gnarly wounds.

"Are you hurt?" He asks, watching cautiously as she stands up and stretches.

Jordyn fixes her cardigan while answering him, "No?" She's confused.

"But I smelled the..." he trails off.

"The...?" Jordyn sits down on her bed slowly.

"Blood." He finishes.

"Oh," she chuckles, his worrying is pretty cute, "that's nothing."

"Is this some sort of joke?"

Jordyn shakes her head, a smirk still adorning her face, "I just cut myself while shaving, no biggie."

"How bad is it? Let me see." He demands.

She makes a face at him, showing her disapproval, "Um, no."

"Yes, what if you need stitches or something!" He argues.

"Oh my God," she rolls her eyes, "I don't need stitches, you dramatic ass!" She yanks her pant leg up, "See!" She points to the tiny cut, "It's minuscule."

He stares at her leg, "Okay, I suppose it isn't terrible." He looks back up at her, "Did you just call me an ass?"

She blinks and purses her lips, "Uh, no?"

"You just did, I heard you." He narrows his eyes.

"Mhm, whatever." Jordyn lays back on down the bed, her head hitting the pillow. Since Caius interrupted her nap, she feels tired.

The bed dips down next to her, she lifts her head to see Caius sat next to her.

"I was very worried." Caius admits.

Jordyn smiles, "Really?"

Caius nods, "Yes."

Worried Caius is pretty cute if Jordyn is being honest.

She wants to 'Aw' out loud but keeps her mouth closed, it probably won't go over too well.

"What'd you think happened?" Jordyn asks.

Caius looks down at her then back at the wall, "I thought...maybe that you fell and sliced yourself open," he pauses and slightly frowns before continuing, "or a guard member found you and attacked you."

Jordyn nibbles on the inside of her cheek before sitting up.

Caius's hands are placed on his legs, tightly clenched into fists, Jordyn sits back up, despite being tired, and takes her index finger and traces his knuckles softly.

"So, you do care?" Jordyn asks teasingly.

"I don't not care." He replies.

Jordyn blinks, "Huh?"

***

twas too cringe so i rewrote it

edited: 8/29/22