Chapter 26

"This isn't working." I groaned. "Are you sure this is all you know?"

"Are you fucking serious? I've taught you everything I've learned since being here." Riven said, scowling at me. It had been a few weeks now and we'd been training almost everyday. And now, he had nothing left to teach. But my current skill level wasn't enough to defend myself against Dahlia. That was the whole reason I was doing this. If she came back, I wanted to be ready. But I appeared to not be getting very far with this.

"Sorry, but I need to be able to do more. I have to be able to defend myself if my magic doesn't work."

He sighed. "Well I don't know what to tell you, I've got nothing.

Then it came to me, the solution to this mess. "What if I asked one of the Red Fountain guys?"

"No, absolutely not."

"Are you really gonna be an arsehole about this?"

"If it stops you going near those idiots, then yeah."

"Look, I know you hate them and everything because you couldn't get in, but they could really help me." I told him, trying to convince him to get on board with the idea.

Unfortunately, he was still against it. He just stood there, shaking his head like a child.

"Well I don't need your permission to do this, so I'm gonna do it whether you support me or not. But if you're gonna continue to be petty, then you can forget about us." I finally said, earning a worried look from him.

He sighed. "Fine."

***

As I walked through the halls, I felt a sense of nervousness. I'd been up most of the night mulling over this in my head. Since I only really knew Brandon and Helia, I decided it'd be best to ask one of them as I'd spoken to them most. And out of those options, I'd chosen Helia as he seemed like he'd be less threatening to Riven. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but if I was going to do this, I had to at least try to consider his feelings.

As I approached the Specialist training area, I spotted Helia standing by a post. This was my chance. I didn't even know if he'd do it, but it was worth a try.

"Helia?" I said, awkwardly stepping towards him.

He smiled. "Oh hey, what's up?"

"I need your help."

"What'd you need?" He asked.

"Okay, so basically there's this witch, I don't know if Brandon told you or-"

"Yeah, he saved you right?"

"Yeah he did. But I wanted to be prepared in case she came back. So I started training with Riven...except he can't teach me everything." I explained. "So I was wondering if you could help me out?"

"Sure, I'd love to. Well, as long as Riven's okay with it."

"He's fine with it." I sighed. "Took some convincing, but he's fine."

"Great, so do you wanna meet back here at the end of the day?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then."

***

a/n
Sorry for the short chapter lol. Just thought it'd work better ending it there. :)