Invisible

"God damn it"

You huff as you wipe up the spilt coffee from your table. You mumble under your breath, glaring at the officer who had spilt the coffee. 

You then bring all of your paper into a pile, before placing them in one of the drawers. You drop your body down on the spinning chair. You wheel closer to the table and rest your elbows down, groaning as your bury your face in your hands.

You run your hands over your face, gently slapping your cheeks gently to snap yourself out of your thoughts. You shake your head and turn your attention to the computer screen. You start rapidly typing, writing notes about a recent case the precinct had completed.

You hear a cough from beside you, but you ignore it, presuming nobody was trying to get your attention. You hear a frustrated sigh before a man's voice calling, "Excuse me."

You look up from your computer and furrow your eyebrows as you see a sexily dressed man standing at your desk, staring at you.

"Uh," you start, before looking back down to your computer. "If you're looking for Dan Espinoza, his desk is in front of Chloe Decker's."

"Ah no, darling," the guy says, chuckling slightly. You raise your head to look at him, a small blush on your cheeks from the nickname. "I was actually looking for Y/n L/n. And according to the name on the desk, I'd say you were him."

"Oh, yes, that's me," you say, in a daze. "Why are you here?"

He chuckles and smirks slightly, "Well aren't you a straightforward fellow."

You blush and look down at his legs. "Oh, I-I'm sorry. I'm not used to... this."

"Whatever do you mean, darling?" He asks, moving a spare chair over and sitting down beside you.

"People," you start, fiddling with your fingers nervously. "I'm not good with people."

"Well that can't be right," he states, moving forwards in his chair and taking one of your nervously shaking hands into his own. "I didn't mind the straightforward way you spoke. It was refreshing. Don't beat yourself up about it, alright?"

You look up into his eyes and smile gently. "Thank you." He gently squeezes your hand and you blush as you look into his softening eyes. After a while of staring at him, you blush more and stutter, "Uhm, w-what did you need, sorry?"

"I-" he starts, before his phone starts ringing. He smiles apologetically, before answering his phone. He starts talking to the person on the other end, before turning deadly serious and pretty much growling into the phone. When he hangs up, he grabs his jacket and sighs, looking at you. "I'm sorry, but something important just came up. Another time, we'll talk, okay?"

You smile and nod. "Of course. Stay safe, sir." He smiles back at you before hastily leaving. Once he was out of sight you let out a sigh - of course nobody would want to stay in your presence for longer than necessary.

You shook your head at your thoughts, determined to think positively. You then swing your chair around and tick yourself under your desk, going back to the work you were doing perviously.

~Time Skip~

It was nearing midnight and the station was empty, so Lucifer was rather surprised to see you still sat at your desk, trying away on your computer.

His slightly healed boots (it helped inflate his ego) clacked on the marble floor as walked over to you, his eyebrows furrowed as he fixed the cuffs on his suit sleeves.

He clears his throat as he stands behind you, which made you jump, making you stand up and your chair to go back into Lucifer. Luckily he had quick reactions and was able to stop it from hitting his 'no no square' - as Trixie liked to put it.

Once you'd clocked who it was, you let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry about that, I'm not used to many people coming in at this time of night."

"Why do you stay this late so often?" Lucifer asks, handing the seat back to back you, which you gladly sat back in. He then moved to sit in the chair he'd pulled over earlier in the day.

You shrug and stare at the screen as you reply, "Its peaceful, I guess. It's not like I'll be noticed either way anyway."

Lucifer sighs and nods. "Yes, well I did notice that as I was walking over earlier," he replied. "But darling, you shouldn't worry about all of them, okay? They're just rude and don't see your potential."

You look over at him with hopeful eyes, a light blush dusting your cheeks. He smiles at you and gently moves to caress your cheek.

"You are so much more than what others perceive you as," he adds, a gentle smile on his face. "Now tell me dear, what is it you truly desire?"

After a second of staring into his eyes, you calmly replied, "I want to be seen"

Lucifer smiles and stands up, offering a hand to you. "Well then, shall we make you be seen?"