Chapter 41 - Solo Mission

OKAY BUT IM CRYING RN I WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE AND SOBBED (even tho i read the manga) I love black clover so much I'm gonna miss it so much BUT I KNOW IT'LL BE BACK

So question of the day: What is your favorite thing about black clover?

My favorite thing about black clover is just how everyone has a story and you can learn something from just about everyone in the show. Like even the smaller characters have their own story and character development, it's just so cool to me. Also every single opening SLAPS

Like whoever picks them should get an award

Anyways enjoy the chapter! Much love <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pants of exhaustion escape my lips as I swiftly dodge the trees and bushes blocking my path. The footsteps of my enemies draw closer and closer as I notice a chasm in the distance. Not seeing any other option I jump off the ledge, feeling my body begin to fly down, when Kaito flies out of my coat and I go into spirit dive. Flying back up, I quickly take care of the men that were following me, gracefully dancing through the air as my attacks knock them out. I search their bodies and pockets, bags and everything, finding nothing but wrappers and useless things. Letting out a sigh, Kaito and I begin to move across the chasm, continuing to look.

"So my mission is to....?"

"The Dark Triad is looking for this wand. It's actually a key that opens a seal the first wizard king had placed on the devils."

"Devils?"

He glances back toward me, leaning back on his desk. "I'm sure you're familiar with the story of how Lumiere Silvamillion Clover became the first wizard king"

"He slayed a demon didn't he?"

"A devil possessed one of the elves and he saved everyone. Some other devils were also set free, so he had to seal them away. Here's a rough sketch of what the key looks like"

He hands be a paper with a drawing of what it looks like, causing both Kaito and I to narrow  our eyes

"So we're looking for a stick?"

"It's not just a stick, it could help us in the fight"

"Alright, you got it captain"

"Ugh!" I let out a loud groan, throwing my head back against a tree, completely frustrated with this mission

"Y/n come look at this" Kaito calls from back on the other side, gaining my attention. He quickly flies over, handing me a small map. "There was another one of them behind one of the trees and he had this"

"This leads to...the village just south from here. The one we passed"

The two of us start making our way back where we came, silence filling the air, neither of us exactly sure what to say. Despite only being together for a short period of time, the both of us have shared a deep connection that feels like we've been together for a lot longer, but I know this entire situation makes him just as nervous as it makes me. His expression tells me that much. I rub my finger over the mark on my wrist, letting out a breath as the village comes into view. Kaito changes into his human form just before we emerge from the woods, the both of us letting out a breath. One of the women walking by makes eye contact with me, sending me a gentle smile and beginning to approach me.

"A magic knight! From Golden Dawn of all squads! Welcome to our village, but what are you doing here?"

"Just passing through from a mission. I thought I'd walk and enjoy the scenery instead of heading straight back to base."