"You aren't listening. Are you?" Michael pulled Ashton out of his thoughts again.

"What?" Ashton asks.

"Exactly!" Michael huffed and slumped down next to Ashton on the bed. Ashton saw his friends face fall flat.

If Ashton didn't know Michael as well as he did he would say he is heartbroken but Michael doesn't get heartbroken. That's what Michael says anyway. But looking at him now Ashton can see the desperation and sadness in his eyes. He must really, really care about Charlie. He must really actually love her.

"You okay?" Ashton asks him.

"No." Michael replies glumly. "I can't believe he did that."

"It's Luke." Ashton replies quietly. "Why are you so surprised?"

"Because he is also my best friend." Michael rolls his eyes. "I thought he would take my feelings seriously and realize that he can't sleep with Charlie. He can't just do that."

"It's Luke." Ashton repeats.

"You aren't much help." Michael says.

"Sorry." Ashton really means it. He wishes he could be here for Michael. He wishes he could be more help for his obviously heartbroken friend but he is just too distracted. He is just too busy thinking about Jade and everything to actually help Michael. "It might be better if I just go." Ashton says, beginning to stand.

"Yeah." Michael sighs and stands too. "I'll try calling Luke again; if I can't reach him I'll go see Charlie." Michael begins walking Ashton to the door.

"Didn't she kick you out this morning?" Ashton asks.

"Yeah but she'll probably be lonely now and calmed down. She'll let me in." Michael shrugs and opens his bedroom door for Ashton. "I'll see you on Monday."

"See you."

~~~

It was nearly the time that Ashton would head over to Jade's. It's nearly time for him to be tutored by her. But she hasn't called or texted him to let him know if he is welcome at her house or not. After the shit show he pulled this morning and his behaviour last night he wouldn't blame Jade if she never spoke to him again.

So when she texts Ashton, he is more than surprised.

Jade: Are you coming over?

Ashton: For tutoring?

Jade: Yeah

Ashton: Yeah

Jade: Okay

Ashton: Okay

Ashton quickly rushed around his room trying to get all his math things together. He was trying to also make sure he wasn't forgetting anything because he was worried that if he did it would just make Jade even more annoyed at him.

Just as Ashton is getting ready to leave he opens his bedroom door and is stopped by a small blond boy.

"Ashton can you set up the play station for me." Harry asks.

"I can't buddy," Ashton smiles down at his brother sympathetically. "I have to go."

Harry sighs. "But can you just not set it up for me."

"I really can't." Ashton says apologetically. "Lauren knows how to do it."

"Lauren is out." Harry crosses his arms over his chest.

"Oh?" This was news to Ashton. Lauren rarely went out anywhere. "Where?"

Harry shrugs. "Mom dropped her off somewhere after you went to Mikey's."