Chapter 1 - Running away

It was a dark night in the Dursely's house when Dudley Dursery and Harry Potter were getting ready to leave the Dursley's house.

"Your sure you've gotten everything?" Dudley whispered to Harry. They were down in the living room with Harry's trunk wide open, saying their last goodbyes.

"I'm sure, D." Harry said. He looked sadly at his cousin. "Why can't you come with me?"

"Because, my parents don't care about you but they sure do love me - plus, I can't leave my mom with him." Dudley did have a point, sadly, but surely, he had one. Veron was a dangerous person because he hit anyone who got in his way.

"Fine." Harry grumbled.

"Clothes?"

"Check."

"Toothbrush?"

"Check."

"Wand?"

"Check."

"The dairy?"

"Check."

Directions?"

"Check."

"Money?"

"Check."

"Food?"

"Check."

"Okay, your already to go." Dudley said glumy.

"Yeah..." Harry's voice trailed off.

"I still can't believe your leaving." Dudley whispered.

"Yeah." Harry said quietly, "Me too."

"Promise to stay as out of much trouble as you can." Dudley said.

"I promise to get in to as much trouble as I possible can." Harry and Dudley laughed.

"Oh my, Harry! That is not the point." Dudley said between laughter.

"Oh, but it is brother." Both Dudley and Harry stopped. Had I just called him....brother? He thought

"Well, it's almost time for you to go, Sirus is probarly already here." Dudley pointed to the thick brass clock.

"Right." Harry said gathering his things. "Thank you, Dudley. For everything."

"No problem. Get out while you can, your creature inheritance should come at the strike of midnight and by that time...you'll be gone." Dudley explained shoving him towards the door. "I mean it, Harry, stay out of as much trouble as you possibly can and write to me daily."

"Okay, Okay, I will." Harry then walked up to Sirus who was accompanied by Ron.

"Ronald?!" Harry shouted. "What in the name of bloody baron are you doing here?!"

"Don't ever use that name, Harry." Ron snapped. "And I came because I wanted to join you."

"Join me...who told you?" Harry asked, trembling. If word got out that Harry was going the dark side before he'd gotten a chance to do it himself the punishment would be severe.

"Sirus. He said something about it when I was talking to him and I asked him for more details." Ron explained.

"And you told him?!" Harry shouted at Sirus through clenched teeth. He sighed. "Fine. Let's go before anything else happens." The three began to walk hand-in-hand to the Riddle's manor, and as they did, the thought of Harry finally leaving was brought upon him, and that, made him smile.