"Hope you know how to shake that ass," He started before looking down, "Cause' you finna be stripping."

•••

"Hey dad," I spoke into the phone leaving another voicemail and wanting to cry. For someone who was trying to protect me he left me in the least protective place in the world.

I was going to give in until he made a call back, which I instantly picked up to hear his soothing voice, "Dad?"

He muffled around on the other end of the phone before actually speaking, "Hey babygirl how's it like over there?"

I turned around seeing Quanny pick up a Viagra bottle off the shelf and slipping it into his pockets.

We were at one of the stores in the mall right now and I was supposed to be the distraction while Quanny and Marq stole what they wanted.

"Um.. it's okay. Do you know when you're coming to get me yet? Not that I don't love here and all but-"

He coughed a little making me stop speaking. "Not any time soon. I'm working on a serious case that involves way too many people. They're armed, threatening, and have been on my lookout list for years."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I've never felt so home sick in my life. Besides that, I was in a position that I didn't want to be in. "Is the case that serious?"

I could tell he was nodding his head by how silent he had gone. "I'll call you when things settle down baby. I would love to tell you more about it but I can't give out details. Stay safe okay?"

"Yea, okay." I hung up the phone after we said our I love you's then slid it into my back pocket.

"Was that your dad?" Kayla asked as we walked side by side down an aisle.

Quanny and Marq were acting like spies just rolling around on the floor and hiding behind shelves when every employee past them.

"Yea, I think I just wanna go home."

We walked out of that personalized store and made kid way into Victoria's Secret. I would've loved shopping here if it wasn't for the fact that it was forced so I could find a overlapping out for the stripping ones i'd have to wear.

I'm just pissed that everyone in the house agreed to Jovan's idea of sending me in as a stripper to get intel on Powell and the people who worked for him.

"Look, I don't blame you for not wanting to do the job but knowing Jovan he's not gonna let you say no without making sure you pay for it."

Kayla stopped at a lingerie set and looked deeply into the lace. "Which is why i'm doing it with you."

My eyes brightened up and I wrapped my arms around her neck tightly. "Kayla thank you so much."

"Girls support girls. Simple," She replied squeezing me back tightly, "Plus I know how to shake a lil somethin."

For the next thirty minutes, or so, we spent our time looking through outfits and sets while talking about ourselves and our lives.

Kayla told me how her and Draco met and how both of them were trying to kill each other to satisfy their dads needs just to end up being together at the end of the day.

She told me a few more stories about her life and I told her a few about mine. Honestly, I liked the girl. She didn't give off any bad vibes or made me feel uncomfortable.

"Damn i'm lowkey looking sexy," Marq said as he walked around with a bra plastered on his chest.

"How much you bet I can steal it?" Quanny asked as he turned around exposing a bra on himself also.