Chapter 3

"Trinity..." A soothing, unfamiliar voice whispers in my ear. I can't see anything, because everything is black. It feels as if I'm dreaming, floating on clouds like my body isn't even there.
"You have to wake up, Trinity..." Another voice slowly speaks, and I'm starting to believe them. I want to wake up from this dream, and so I begin to concentrate.
"You can do it if you try.." The beginning voice says. I manage to twitch my left hand. Then, my fingers in a tapping motion.
"Wake up..." They say simultaneously one last time, and my eyes shoot open. A bright light hangs in the sky, and two young adults crowd over me, a child peering over their shoulders at me.
I reach my hand up to rub my aching neck. I only notice now as my vision starts to refocus that there's something strange about these people around me. They don't appear to be in any way human.
The first adult on the left of me has these mesmerizing purplish blue eyes, and long, auburn hair. I find that I can't seem to look into her eyes for long before starting to feel dizzy.
The second is drawn under a long, gray cloak. Her hood and platinum blonde hair cover her face, and I feel this strange aura or power around her. Or maybe I am just hallucinating.
Finally, the child has this beautiful golden hair that is let down and flowing around her. Wings sprout from her back, twice as big as she is. They look like an angel's wings, pure white and calming.
"Are you okay, traveler?" The hooded lady asks me in a concerned and worried voice. She reminds me of Embry, because Embry is always worried and anxious.
I pull myself up to my feet, wobbling slightly. "Y-yeah, I believe so." I manage to squeak out, my confidence hiding away in a dark spot. I can tell that this doesn't convince them, however.
"You should come with us for a few days. Just until we know you're okay. Do you have a home?" The question hits me suddenly, and I find myself wondering the same thing. Do I have a home anymore?
When I don't answer, I can tell that the one with the auburn hair doesn't trust me already. "We can't take her in. We don't even know her, and what if the reason she doesn't have a home is because she stole from every house that trusted her?" I scoff, already not liking this girl.
"Well, we can't just leave her. What if we do and she's left in the cold to freeze? We're taking her in." Thank god for this girl.
"Thank you so much, I won't betray you, I promise you!" I start to thank the hooded girl. She places her hand up as if to silence me.
"I trust you. Prove dishonest and you'll regret it." She says threateningly. She waves a hand to a cabin not too far from here and begins walking towards it.
"My name is Kimara. My friend here is Raina and my little sister is Penelope." She introduces everybody as we are walking.
"Trinity. Trinity Beck." I state simply, staring at Penelope who seems ready to take flight at any given moment.
"Pretty name. Here's our humble abode." She compliments me. Kimara unlocks the sturdy door with a golden key and holds it open for us to come into. "Make yourself at home. Dinner is in half an hour. You should clean up and I'll make you some room in the guest room."
I nod, and thank her once more. She points to the direction of the washroom, and I begin to trudge over to the hallway.
I turn on the running water in the sink, grabbing a small towel from the rack behind me. I proceed to wet the cloth and begin to wash my face with the water.
When I look in the mirror, I gasp audibly. I no longer look human.
My hair that only reached halfway down my back now almost reaches the back of my knees. Furry, pointy ears are topped on my head, brown in color. A fluffy, extended tail in the same color protrudes from my lower back. Sharp, pointed teeth sticks out from my mouth, and my nails are more like claws now.
As I stare into my now yellowed eyes, I bombard myself with millions of questions. Where am I? What am I? Why am I here? And when will I ever come back out?