7: Departure

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"Do you have to go?" Hu Tao questions quietly. "It's so early in the morning. Are you sure you can't stay another day?" She asks again. I tell her no, and she dejectedly looks down and away from me. I'm getting on a ship to head to Fontaine to visit my family. Hu Tao desperately wanted to come with but her duties at the funeral house were more important than coming with her boyfriend to a faraway region. As much as I wanted to bring her to meet my family, she couldn't. Before I got on Hu Tao clung to my arm sobbing loudly. I began to feel worse and worse, before wiping away my own tears and gently shaking her. 

"Hey, hey, don't cry." I told her softly. Hu Tao looked up at me, sniffling.

"Cmon, you know I don't like seeing you so sad." I said tilting her head up, to look at me. 

"But you're going to be gone for so long!" She said sadly.

"I know. I really wish you could come but you have your duties here yknow? How is the Greatest Funeral Director in Liyue going to continue being amazing all the way in Fontaine?" I told her, patting her on the back. She giggled softly, wiping away her own tears.

"But I like being with you . . . " She said whilst twiddling her thumbs. I put my hands on her shoulders and rested my head against hers. 

"I'll be back in no time." 

"Promise?" She asked, quietly. I smile and nodded. 

"Promise." I say, returning her pinky promise. My boat doesn't leave for 30 more minutes, so we just stood there conversing for a bit. I was joking around, trying to brighten her mood. And It was working. Bit by bit, her smile and happiness were restored. 

"When you get back, I'm going to prank you so hard you're going to regret leaving!" She declares.

"If you say so. I'll bring you some souvenirs, okay?"

"Yeah! Promise you'll get me some food from there. Okay?"

"And we'll send each other letters too, promise me that!

"Of course, I promise we will." 

The boat began calling people to board and I told her I had to go. I let go of her and began mover away, our fingers eventually being unlinked. Before I could, however, Hu Tao pulled me back and placed a quick kiss on my lips. She placed something in my pocket, before letting go of me and taking a step back. 

"I guess this is goodbye then?" Hu Tao asks.

"Yeah. Bye, Joker."

"~Laughs~ Bye Planter." She says. I get on the boat and as it leaves, she waves at me furiously. She yells out to me, and i yell out something back. As the boat sets forth I reach into my pocket and pulled out a red flower, like the ones Hu Tao wears, fashioned into a necklace. I look back Hu Tao, who proudly pulls out one other one she made for herself. A smile crosses my face as I put it on. The boat begins to leave, and as it does, she runs up from the harbor, waving furiously at me.

"I love you!"

I couldn't help but laugh, calling back to her.

"I love you too!"

---------------------Book End---------------------------------------------