2: Mix Up

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"So, how are things with you and the brat?"

"Things are going good. And I'd rather you don't call her that Beidou."

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever you say."

Beidou merely rolled her eyes mockingly, as I poured her some more tea. I invited Beidou over in order to chat. After all, she's been rather busy lately so we're having a little bit of downtime. Though I can't help but feel as though I’m being watched. Shrugging it off I asked her if she brought any of the seeds I asked her t to pick up on one of her journeys, to which she presented a small box. I smiled taking it graciously and thanking her. She smiled nodded and roughly gave me a noogie on my head.

"Yeah, Yeah, as long as you pay me back. You owe me quite a lot at this point."

"I know, I know."

She exited my house and I got to work. These are a rare type of flower that, when fully bloomed, resemble a vibrant yellow flame, as well as giving off a bit of light and being warm to the touch. Odd, I thought that Hu Tao would have appeared by now to cause me some trouble. Something's up. I'll have to look for her. So I put the box down and headed out.

-Timeskip brought by (Y/N) searching Liyue high and low-

Hm. At this point, I was starting to get a little worried at this point. Nightfall and nothings been out to get me yet. ‘Where haven’t I looked?’, I asked myself. The Harbour. Walking around for a few minutes, I saw someone sitting on one of the docs, looking at the water.

"Hu Tao! I was looking all over for you." I say, breathing a sigh of relief, taking a seat next to her. She seemed to be avoiding eye contact.

"Is everything all right?" I say poking her. Eventually, after a couple of snickers and me wrapping my arms around her, she gives up and tells me. 

"I saw you with Beidou earlier. I guess I got a little jealous."

"Oh, that so THAT's why I was feeling watched," I say. A little creepy but ill keep that to myself.

"Yeah I thought you would le-"

"Nope. Don't say it and don't think it. Even after all the stuff you do,  I'd never leave you for someone else Hu Tao. Know that alright?" 

Hu tao smiled and nodded, before wiping away a tear.

"Yeah, i guess I was being a little dumb. Look at you making me feel things, you big dummy! You owe me big time" She jokes, lightly punching me in the arm. A laugh escapes me as I pulled her in for a hug, telling her I'd take her out to her favorite food place tomorrow.

"Also, I thought you knew what my relation to Beidou is? I told you when I introduced you to her"

"No? I don't remember back that far . . . hehe." SHe admits rather sheepishly. I sighed and explained to her.

"Beidou's my cousin Hu Tao."

Silence permeates the air around as I felt her face heat up as it was pressed against my chest.

"Oh, that makes sense. I feel really dumb now."

"Mhm. Oh right, I got you this!" I said as I remembered the flower. I used my vision on one hoping to surprise her when I found her. I hand it to her and she brightens up immediately, gushing about how cute it is. Before placing a peck on my cheek. 

"You're too good for me, you know that (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, and the same goes for you as well, Hu Tao."

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------