1: Required Help

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"Phew, that's the last one done. Albedo owes me big time for this one." I say, dusting the dirt off my hands and pants. Albedo wanted some of the herbs and various flowers for some of his experiments. I sighed and then heard something rustling in the trees. Knowing what this could possibly be, I sidestepped a water bucket being over, a rake that had been rigged to hit me, an apple, and several other attempted traps or "pranks" as she calls it.

"Come on out, Hu Tao." I say crossing my arms, and kicking the tree. She promptly falls onto a patch of flowers that I luckily had taken the plants out of. She spits out dirt that got into her mouth due to her faceplant. She gets up and rubs the back of her head.

"Heh Heh. It seems like it didn't work."

"And I'll be putting you to work. Look what you did to my garden!"

"Sorry, sorry. I'll make it up to you I promise! I just wanted your help with something-"

"No."

"Cmon I didn't even get to finish."

"Mm. Nope." 

Hu Tao wrapped her arms around me and tried to coerce me by kisses. I held her head back considering she still had dirt on her face.

"Please? I favor for your girlfriend? Your lover who has so graciously shown you nothing but unconditional love and affection for a whole year?" She says, trying to butter me up. I sighed and relented, allowing her to speak. 

"SO! As stated earlier, I said I needed your help with something. The funeral home is running a little low on flower decorations and plants."

"You didn't water the last ones I gave you didn't you?"

"Um. Anyways! If you could kindly deliver some of those pretty black flowers by tomorrow, that would be much appreciated." 

"TOMORROW?!"

Hu Tao covers her ears in response to my outburst.

"I don't recall stuttering. Should I reiterate?"

"Are you insane Hu Tao?! I can't do something like that! They take forever 2 months to start germinating and you've trampled the ones that I already had." I say incredulously.

"Hmmm. If I help you plant new ones can you use your vision on them to make them grow faster? You've said you can do that."

I put a finger to my head and think. In order for me to use my vision to cause something to grow faster, there need to be as many nutrients needed for them to fully grow all in one place. Confusion to understand but essentially, I'd need 3-4 months' worths of nutrients. I told Hu Tao that and she told me she'd handle it.

"I'll get whatever you need, just leave it to me!"

Sighing again, since there's no turning back now. I lay out what I need, and Hu Tao listens intently.

-Timeskip brought by Hu Tao struggling to carry bags of dirt and fertilizer-

"So we have everything?" I asked. Hu Tao nodded enthusiastically. I planted the seeds in the large mound of dirt and fertilizer and held out my hand. Green energy flowing around and gathering at my fingertips. they abruptly shoot out into the dirt and the mound glows green for a few seconds. 

"So did it work-"

I shush her by putting a finger to her lips. The mound glows again and more furiously as patterns of flowers appear, and in their place, the flowers we planted bloomed. Hu Tao's eyes widened and her jaw dropped in amazement. I guess this is her first time seeing my vision in action.

"So, there are your flowers-"

"Wooooah! That was so cool! You should do that and show me more often!"

"Nah, it exhausts me. I'm gonna go lie down."

Hu Tao's face quickly changed to confusion.

"Gardening scissors are in the shed. If you want to preserve roots, a shovel is there instead. Have fun."

"W-Wait, you can't just leave me with this much!" She peeped.

I turned back and gave a small smile.

"Yes, i can."

​​​​​​​---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------