"There is no Harry and me!"

Artemis felt very shy when she entered the Hospital Wing after dinner on the first Wednesday of the term

Artemis felt very shy when she entered the Hospital Wing after dinner on the first Wednesday of the term. She'd never felt such a hunger to succeed with such a difficult task.

Boys were easy. Quidditch was simple. Classes were effortless when one wasn't uptight about grades, more so doing one's best.

Every year when Artemis scored an Outstanding on Potions and her brother floundered, she felt a sick sense of satisfaction. He had her beat in every other class except Potions.

"Miss Williams!" Pomfrey smiled kindly across the room, "I was very pleased to find you enrolled in my class this year."

Artemis smiled back but didn't say anything. There were three others in the room. Lisa Turpin, Megan Jones, and Pavarti Patil. Artemis placed herself beside Megan, smiling at her dorm mate. Although she'd shared a space with the witch for six years. Megan had always been closer with Susan and Hannah, while Artemis had been busy galavanting with Emma.

"Right!" Madame Pomfrey clapped her hands, "We're missing Mr. Rivers, but I'm sure he'll be along shortly. Today I will be explaining the different uses of basic healing spells — such as Episkey and Reparifors."

"What did you smell?" Emma ambushed Artemis in the library

"The what?" Artemis shook her friend off, blinking in confusion.

"The potion the other day?" Emma was bouncing on the balls of her toes, "I didn't have a chance to ask you about it before Justin ambushed me in the broom closet."

"I thought you broke up with him after the incident," Artemis mused as she flipped idly through the ancient textbook, looking for a particular healing spell Pomfrey had mentioned in passing that she was curious about. Artemis had never been so interested in a subject. It was as if her wand was made for healing magic. She knew everyone had a specialty, but she had never expected to pick up spells so quickly.

It reminded her of the time she had successfully straightened her teeth in the first year while Emma had grown fangs. Artemis grinned at the memory.