21

"Yep, a bit of a fever." Shigure said, "My diagnosis... is a cold." The man said, sounding proud that he had been able to figure it out. Kenshin gave the man a look as he sat as far as he could from Tohru, not wanting to get sick himself along with wearing a mask.

"Well, yeah, that's pretty obvious." Kyo told the man. "Go on, get to bed already." He continued to Tohru, sounding like a worried husband.

"I'll be okay. A little medicine will perk me right up." Tohru said as if being sick wasn't a big deal which for her it might not be, but for Kenshin, it was a nightmare.

"I said get to bed! You freak out when other people get colds, so don't act like it's no big deal when you do." Kyo told her sternly.

"But what about dinner? I haven't gone to buy any of the ingredients yet, and they're expecting me at work, too." Tohru said as she began to worry.

"Don't worry, Rice ball. You're not doing any chores or work while you're sick, and trust me from experience that getting some rest is the best thing you can do right now." Kenshin told her reassuringly.

"But... I can't--" The girl began before getting cut off.

"Tohru. Stop arguing and do as I say." Shigure said, but Kenshin had to admit that it sounded dirty coming from him. Tohru finally agreed, sounding defeated.

"There. Good girl." The man said before sending her off to her room to rest.

"I'll go and call Momiji to let him know Tohru's not going to work." Kenshin said, getting up and making his way to the phone.

Kenshin held the phone away from his ear since Momiji had begun yelling when he heard Tohru was sick. "Huh?! Tohru ist krank?! Wird es ihr gut gehen?! Ruht sie sich aus?! Sag mir Kenshi!" The boy yelled, not letting Kenshin get a word in.

"Kleiner Hase, beruhige dich bitte." Kenshin told him his ears begging to hurt, "Wir lassen sie heute zu Hause bleiben, damit sie sich etwas ausruhen kann. Ich wollte dich wissen lassen, dass sie heute nicht gehen wird." He told the boy finally being able to explain what was happening.

"Oh, das macht Sinn! Warum hast du das nicht einfach gesagt, Kenshi?" Momiji said innocently as Kenshin made a 'really?' face. "Aber ich verstehe, mach dir keine Sorgen, ich habe es abgedeckt!" Momiji said and Kenshin could practically imagine the boy saluting at him making him smile softly.

"Okay, dann überlasse ich es dir, tschüss kleiner Hase." Kenshin said.

"Mach dir keine Sorgen Kenshi! Tschüss!" Momiji told him before hanging up.Kenshin smiled softly as he put the phone back where it went. He knew that the rest of the zodiacs would be worried about Tohru's health.

🐀🐂🐅🐇🐉🐍🐎🐐🐒🐓🐕🐖 🐈

"I'm so confused. What's going on here, Kyo?" Kenshin heard Shigure ask in disbelief as he made his way into the kitchen, catching the scent of something good.

"What's it look like, genius?" The boy asked.

"Are you doing all this for Tohru?" Shigure asked as he walked closer to where the boy stood.

"What's going on?" Kenshin asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Kyo's actually cooking something." Shigure told him, still in disbelief as Kenshin's eyes widened slightly.

"Has hell frozen over?" Kenshin wondered, knowing that the boy had only ever cooked for himself.

"Would you two shut up." Kyo snapped, "And it'd be pretty crappy to ask someone who's sick to cook." He told them before the room settled into silence, but it didn't last long since Kyo angrily grabbed the two men by their clothes. "What's wrong?! You two got a problem with it?" The boy snapped as Kenshin and Shigure continued to smile.