"are you hitting on me? in a hospital? while i'm in my scrubs?" she questioned. 

"would that be wrong?" he questioned. 

"yes. but i'm veronica," she told, shaking his hand. "and i gotta go and-"

veronica was cut off by someone punching the man in front of her. derek had punched him. 

"what the hell was that?"

"that was mark," derek informed. 

veronica's eyes widened, "oh shit, then carry on. don't destroy your hand."

she turned away from the situation, moving away from the man on the floor. 

unfortunately, she was the one who had to fix the wound on his face, meaning she had to put up with more flirting. 

"derek and i always did have the same taste in women," mark spoke up as she cleaned the wound.

"excuse me?"

"you're derek's lusty intern, right? heard about you all the way back in new york. you're famous," he answered. 

"that would be meredith, not me. we're friends, at least i think we are," she replied. "and you are the one that helped destroy my friend's marriage so please refrain from flirting with me. it's bleh." 

"it's bleh?"

"yes, now shut up."

"my four hundred dollar an hour shrink says that because behind this rugged and confident exterior, i'm self-destructive and self-loathing to an almost pathological degree," he revealed. 

"four hundred dollars on a shrink? i could only wish for that kind of money. besides, the whole my therapist said thing won't work, too many guys use that line," she quipped. 

mark turned to stared at her, "you know it's funny, derek-" veronica turned his face once again so she could clean his wound. "derek walks in on me naked with his wife actually in the throes and he just turns around and walks away, but he sees me so much as talking to you and i'm on the ground bleeding. interesting, don't you think?"

"we're friends, i told you that."

she placed a towel on his shoulder, going to suture his face. 

"what do you think you're doing?" he sought. 

"you need stitches."

"i know," he grabbed a mirror, holding it out to veronica.  "hold the mirror." 

once he was done, veronica walked out and towards her friends all watching mark through the window. 

"mcsexy wants an x-ray to check for fractures and i think it's a bad idea if i take him," veronica spoke up.

"why? why?" george blurted. 

"i'm on it," alex assured, before leaving.

"why is it a bad idea?" george repeated. 

"he won't stop flirting with me, it's bleh," she told. 

"he keeps flirting with you?" george exclaimed. "i'll fight him."

veronica chuckled, "don't worry georgie, mcdreamy already did that for you."

"mcsexy?" cristina questioned. 

veronica shook her head, "no."

"mcyummy," izzie suggested.

meredith, cristina, and veronica spoke, "no."