"Does anyone know how to dive?" Kiara asks to the crowd. John b points to JJ. "It's kind of a kook sport" he says.

"I... read about it" Pope stutters

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die" states Kiara.

"Nobody's going down there" I say anxiously.

"Look y—you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" Says JJ.

"Well if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets in your blood, and you get the bends" explains Pope.

"Bends like, bend over and..." JJ leans forward.

"The bends kill you" Pope explains. JJ stops short in the position.

"Right" he says and stands up again. "What's so funny?" he looks over at me with a smile, because I have to laugh at the sight of him.

"Oh, nothing, nothing" I just laugh.

JJ gives me a slight smirk and shakes his head. „Well I know someone I'd like to bend over." he mumbles to me and gives me a wink. I know that everything JJ says are typical macho things, and actually really not good flirts. But my heart literally almost jumps out of my body right now. But as always I just smile at him and turn to my brother again, not wanting him to see how bad I freak out right now.

"I can— I can dive" I look over at my brother, shaking my head. "No, no, just no John b"

"Yeah you can dive, I'm cool with that" I throw a towel at JJ, due to his comment.

"Since when can you dive?" questions Kie.

"I'll do it, it's fine" John b replies, shrugging his shoulders.

"Let me do some calculations real quick" Pope straightens up.

"You serious?" Kiara rolls her eyes at the boy and turns away. Just about everything John b has done in the last few hours has annoyed Kiara and she has found it stupid. And she's not afraid to show it.

"The boat's about 30 feet down" Pope draws something on a block. "So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth."

"Twenty-five" John b mumbles.

"Which means you need to make your safety stop at about.... ten feet. Alright? For two minutes" Pope looks up at John b.

"Yeah. Ten feet, two minutes. Got it."

Kiara suddenly takes off her shirt and jumps into the water out of nowhere. You couldn't miss JJ's gape.

"Uh..." mumbles John b.

"What was that all about?" Questioned Pope.

"I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." States JJ, still looking toward the water where Kiara jumped in. I look at JJ for a moment, he looks back, but then our eyes part again.

I feel like JJ is always in favour of making me jealous. But sometimes his actions are also just natural. I mean, Kiara is hot, you can't deny that. And besides, I do have a boyfriend. I feel like JJ sometimes gets tired of trying and trying while there is not even a possibility for him that this would work.

He clears his throat. "Yeah uh, when you're down there, you look for the cargo hold. You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, okay?" JJ faces John b and holds up a key.

"Stick in, twist and pull." John b mumbles as Kiara surfaces.

"Yeah." JJ says. "My dad moved weight back in the day."

"Who didn't?" Pope asks.

"Hey! I tied my T-shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down" explains Kiara. "It's where you need to do your safety stop".

"Cool" replies John b.

"Keep an eye on this" Pope holds out the thing so John b can see how much air and time he has left. "You need to make sure you have enough air to decompress".

"Okay how much do I need?" John b faces Pope.

"Unclear. Breathe as little as possible" my brother gives Pope a not very happy expression.

"Zen. Think Zen, you know?" JJ imitates breathing through a mask.

"JJ, can you just— I mean—John b" I turn to my brother. "We've already lost our father. And there's no need to talk about mom is there? Well, I'm not going to be able to change your mind anyway, but if you don't take care of yourself down there as best you can, I swear I will—"

"Emmi it's okay. I can do this. I promise." says my brother confidently and gives me a quick hug.

"Hey, if we get caught in the marsh, we're basically screwed so... better get a move on" Pope states.

"Copy that" says John b as Kiara walks up to him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. I looks up at JJ in confusion as I sit down between his legs. JJ gives me an uncomfortable look back and frowns, referring back to what Kiara did.

"Diver down?" John B tries to interrupt the awkward silence. "Diver down." Kiara replies. He puts on his mask and jumps into the water.

"everything will be fine, babe" JJ gives me a genuine smile

"everything will be fine, babe" JJ gives me a genuine smile. I smile back and at the words, I get all warm and feel safe. I know he just calls me names to flirt with me, but I also know, that with him, I am and I will always be safe.

"He's going to kill you for all this" Pope says sighing, referring back to how he talks to me, John b's sister.

"Right, because he can hear me, there...underwater..." JJ points to the water and Pope just lets out a groan.

"Shit. JJ." Pope says as we hear sirens from behind.

"Guys that's the police" JJ states.