Chapter 18- The Streak Continues

Start from the beginning

Boys POV
    "Look! The girls are gonna be on TV!" Noya pointed out cameras on each side of the court.
    "That's so cool! (Y/N)'s so lucky!" Hinata marveled at them. Kageyama rolled his eyes.
    "We were on TV last week, moron," he said, still observing the match. It was going pretty much the same as the first set. Runs for a couple points at a time.
    Kageyama noticed that the longer the set went on, and the farther Karasuno pulled ahead, even if it was just a point or two, Wakutani's setter gave the ball more often to their captain who was their outside ace hitter.
    Just as he was about to comment on it to Tanaka who was right next to him, Sasaki and Kicuchi shut her spike down. The fans roared in excitement, but the girls on the court didn't seem to notice, as they were caught in their own excitement.
    The score was 21-17, with Karasuno in the lead and serving. The boys made sure to make their presence known by drowning out the rest of the crowd with their screams and taunts. Kenji, still being young, practically tore Suga and Daichi's eardrums, not knowing how supersonic his voice could get.
    (Y/N) was still doing very well against the power of the Wakuntani hits, passing them as if they were nothing, and hustling down what her teammates shanked. Everyone in the gym was impressed with her hustle and drive to win. They all wondered what she was feeling in the moment. How desperate was she?
    In reality, she felt nothing. Instinct took over her body and she let her subconscious take control of her movements. No thoughts went through her head as she played, save one.
    Go.
    It was because of her that the team got as far as it did, and the whole of the group improved exponentially because of her. Which meant that she was the sole reason that Wakutani was defeated at the hands of Karasuno.
    No one would underestimate the tiny libero or her team for years to come.

(Y/N)'s POV
    "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH! WE DID IT! WHOOOOOOOOOO!"
    We were all ecstatic, ready to jump through the ceiling. I clapped people on the back and they clapped me, I had no idea who was doing it, because at some point, we all ended up in a heap on the floor.
    Aihara was crying and Michimiya's face was red from being out of breath. Sudou and Kicuchi were hugging each other and Watabe and I were still laughing.
    When we finally pulled ourselves together and walked out of the gym, we packed up the bus and went to the bathroom. As we were waiting outside for the last couple girls to finish up, the boys team came over to congratulate all of us.
    "THAT WAS SO AMAZING YOU GUYS! YOU DID US PROUD!" Tanaka shouted. "AT THIS RATE, BOTH KARASUNO TEAMS WILL BE AT NATIONALS!"
    Michimiya put her hand up and waved him off.
    "Woah, big guy, let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay? We have a whole match ahead of us before we get there. First we have to beat Shir-"
    "Date Tech."
    "Wha-"
    "Tomorrow, you'll be playing Date Tech."     Tsukkishima pushed his glasses up his nose as he spoke plainly. They started playing before you did and finished before the second set was over. Date Tech pulled off some plays that Shiratorizawa couldn't recover, not to mention that their Iron Wall is more notorious than the boys."
    The rest of the girls finished in time to hear what Tsukki had to say.
    "Well shit," I muttered.
    "Don't say that!"
    I jumped when Kenji suddenly appeared next to me.
     "It's not a good word," He said with a big smile. "And why are you so sad? You literally just won."
    I smirked and picked him up as the team walked to the bus, the boys in tow.
    "I'm sorry bud. We're just worried about tomorrow. That's all."
    "Don't be worried. You'll totally win. I pinky promise." Kenji held up his pinky and I shifted him in my grip to lock pinkies with him.
    "You better hold that pinky promise K?'
    "I promise."
    I put him down. He was way too heavy for my tired body to carry. I waved goodbye to him as he bounded over to Suga, who put him in his car. I looked back to my team.
    The same team that held the happiest women in the world, now held the most worried. Sure we pulled off something that wasn't thought to happen, but so did Date Tech. We were all worried, and it was hard to believe it was the same group.
    I sat next to Aihara this time on the bus and pulled out my phone. Immediately I looked for the Date Tech match, and it had just been uploaded.
    I didn't realise that I had fallen asleep until the bus stopped at the school. My phone was still playing the match, and there were only a couple points left in the third set. Aihara had been watching the whole time, but I could see she was dozing off as well.
    I tapped her on the shoulder so she could see the last few points.
    Both teams seemed very frantic. You could see it in their discipline and movement. Date Seemed to move too much, while Shiratorizawa didn't move enough. That ended up being the death of them when a well placed block fell right behind their hitters, too far for their libero to reach.
    I shuddered and looked at her. The look she gave me said it all.
    We got off the bus to see the whole school waving and cheering for us. Just like they did for the boys.
    I smiled wearily, along with the rest of the team. No one else knew how on edge we were, and we intended to keep it that way. They did come to watch us after all. We couldn't seem ungrateful.
    So we thanked the school and the boys for supporting us. Kenji groggily walked over to me from Suga. It was clear he had just woken up too. We walked home together and just had a microwave lunch. It was hard to believe it was still before noon.   So much had happened, and still so much had to happen.
    Kenji went right to his room to take a nap after he was done, and I went to mine. But before I could go to sleep, I got a call from Bokuto.
    "Hello?" I answered.
    "Hey hey, (Y/N)! Congratulations on making it to Nationals!" I could practically see his face as he said this.
    "Bokuto, we haven't won yet. We still have a whole match to go before we go to Nationals," I said with an eye roll.
    "I knooow," he replied. "But I know you'll make it anyway. Isn't that right Akaashi?"
    "Yes, we think you can make it, but be careful,"said Akaashi's voice a little farther away. I smiled, my heart warmed that there were two people that cared enough to call me and tell me they believed in me.
    "Thank you guys. It really means a lot that you called me."
    "Okay, we should probably let you go." I could hear his pout from miles away. "I know you like to take your naps."
    I laughed. "Thank you. Both of you for calling me. I miss you boys."
    "We miss you too! Bye!" Bokuto yelled into the phone, prompting me to pull it away from my ear.
    "Bye!"
    I hung up before they could yell anymore. I would have kept talking, but I was so exhausted, I couldn't do it. I loved those boys dearly, but I liked to sleep more. So I took a nap that lasted till the afternoon.

    I woke up around two, which added up to a three hour nap. A good amount of sleep.
    I had a dozen congratulatory texts and messages, mostly from the boys and the rest of the girls team. I got up and went to watch some Tv and stretch. I checked on Kenji, who was still asleep, washed some dishes, and finally settled down on the couch.
    I played on my phone a bit and lounged around the house, I even went to the backyard to practice a bit by hitting the ball to myself on the wall.
    Suga texted me and said he would be happy to drive Kenji to the match tomorrow if he was up for it. At that point, he was up and about again and jumped up and down with joy when I asked if he wanted to come with Suga, so I responded with a thank you and a yes.
    We ate dinner and watched some more soap operas, and I forgot for a moment that everything was on the line. It was just me and my brother gossiping about characters on a show that we hated.
    Eventually I tucked him into bed and went to my own room to research Date Tech. Damn that Iron Wall looked tough.
    Shiratorizawa's libero didn't even have a chance at retrieving some of them. I could tell Date Tech was shocked at the win as well. They didn't think they could do it until they took the second set from them in extra points.
    Their serves looked a little worrisome too, having the same hybrid serve that gave us so much trouble today from Wakutani. The only weak points I could see were when the middle blockers went to the back row to serve, and Shiratorizawa capitalized on that, but that only lasted one point at a time.
    Damn. Tomorrow was gonna be hard.