Ethan tries to take Lilly from my arms, but I get up and call for my pack. In seconds, the Blue Moon Pack creates a circular perimeter around me and Lilly. I am going to make sure that no one touches her without my permission.

Ethan calls out for his pack. They stand by his side, ready to jump into action when their alpha calls for it. I am not impressed.

Ethan's pack is asking for their death if they dare confront my pack. My pack is anything but pushovers. I am sure that the Shadow Creek Pack has never been in a real battle. They were always a passive pack.

Ethan is fuming.

"Joshua, give me Lilly. She is injured. She needs my help."

"She doesn't need anything from you. She has her mate by her side. I will take her to our territory."

I did not recognize who spoke next, but she resembled Ethan.

"She won't make it that far without help first. She needs help now!"

I do not appreciate this girl's tone of voice, but I know she is right.

Mrs. Adams comes into view.

"Alpha Joshua, please tell your pack to stand back. There will be no battle here today. Let us take Lilly and attend her wounds. You and your pack are welcome to stay until she is recovered."

I do not like the idea of staying in foreign territory. This will give the Shadow Creek Pack the upper hand. But I have no choice for now.

I respond, "my pack will not attack unless given the order. I will let y'all treat Lilly, but I will be always by her side. Let it be known to everyone that Lilly is MY mate. She will be the Blue Moon Pack's Luna, regardless whom gets in the way."

I mind link my pack.

'You all heard me. Lilly is my mate and your future Luna. You WILL protect her. Everyone remains vigilant.'

A unified growl is heard from my pack as confirmation. Mrs. Adams leads me toward their community hospital. Meanwhile, I ordered my pack to remain in the community area while I rush Lilly to the hospital. I am followed by my beta, Damon, for backup.

Upon getting to the hospital, the doctors attach Lilly to all types of machines. She is pale and in need of a blood transfusion. The doctor had informed me that she was on the verge of dying from blood lost.

I am infuriated by her actions. She is silly to believe she was making a difference. The wounds she has would not kill a werewolf. At best, they will seriously injure one, but not kill.

To think that she inflicted those wounds on herself willingly because she thought she was doing us a favor made me upset. It would have taken us nothing more than a day to heal.

She is a dumb mate.

After the blood transfusion and stiches, Lilly remains unconscious. I am in the room with her and Damon to ensure she remains untouched by any prying hands. But I am still able to sense, Ethan, Josh and the 'intolerant' girl, who I later found out is named Crystal.

I am standing over Lilly when Damon calls out for my attention.

"Alpha, how is it that this human is your mate?"

"I'm not sure myself, but I would watch your attitude towards your future Luna."

"But, Joshua, just between us, what's your real end game. I mean you've never had any sympathy towards humans before."

Damon is the only one from my pack who can call me by my name. My parents were killed by humans.

Ethan and the Shadow Creek Pack have had the luxury of being blissfully ignorant to the dangers of humans, but my pack knew their true colors.