𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Because magic without style isn't magic at all, she had written in tiny handwriting between the margins.

Below that, there was a highly amusing doodle of what looked like Dumbledore using his beard as a broomstick.

Just as he was about to look up at McGonagall again to keep from laughing and further distracting the class, though, Remus noticed the one final sentence that strayed from the chalk to ink. It was crunched between her name and the date, October 30, 1977. 

I trust her anger.

"Would you like to answer my question now, Mr. Lupin?" McGonagall asked with a further annoyed tone. 

Hollis turned to see Remus's furrowed eyebrows and confused expression, yet she knew him too well to trace it back to the class as most of the other students did.

Looking down at her own page of notes, Hollis realized the little scribbles on the sides were gone. As she glanced over to Remus, she realized what she had done wrong.

Remus had her notes, and she had the ones without any additions.

Shit, Hollis thought to herself, realizing the phrase Remus must have just read that she couldn't get out of her head ever since James had further pointed it out to her.

"Sorry, what was that question?" Remus asked with dread, knowing where this was going.

"Detention," McGonagall said reluctantly. "If you are not paying attention and are tardy to Mr class, I cannot make excuses for you."

Even though the five Marauders were her favorite students, McGonagall had to remind herself that it was unfair to play favorites.

At the words I cannot make excuses for you, James and Peter both shot sideways glances at Snape, who already had his gaze trained on the group of five. Swallowing hard, Peter turned back while James only glared at the eye contact for a few seconds longer.

Remus groaned at his new detention, while Hollis hoped that he wouldn't further question the note left on his paper. 

"Miss Mckinnon, would you mind answering the question?"

This time, all five Marauders looked in one direction, all with different expressions that were rooted in the same anger.

None of the Marauders were angry with Marlene for being gay. They thought it was great, but hell, they couldn't care less or judge her differently for it.

No, the reason they were mad was for how she had used Sirius.

The Black boy had experienced so much hate in his life, and deprived of any sort of love from his family to no end. He tried to gain this back from his friends and other students at Hogwarts, but no one had really stuck as much as Marlene.

And it was all a lie to her.

James was glaring daggers at the blonde, just about ready to knock her desk over for the pain she had caused the boy he considered a sort of brother. 

Peter, as usual, was following James's example and had a just as angry expression on. 

Sirius was looking at her with a mixture of the anger shown on the other two boy's faces and pure sadness, still not understanding what he had done to deserve this.

Hollis and Remus were both having trouble with the issue ahead of them.

They understood how difficult it could be to truly find one's identity, and knew personally what Marlene had been struggling through. They both also knew how difficult it could be to open up about these things, but the morals Marlene had displayed overrode that struggle.