𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

There was quite the disarray of usual arrangements in the Gryffindor common room the day after Remus's birthday. Instead of Hollis on the couch with him, she and James had passed out on top of one another after he helped her in the bathroom, with both of their heads leaning on the others.

Just next to them, Sirius, Lily, and Peter all had their shoulders next to one another's arms in some form or fashion, cramming them all onto one cramped, cushy chair that was barely supporting the trio.

Remus was the only person who had ended up falling asleep in his bed that night after eating a solid three bars of chocolate and then making a two in the morning run to the kitchens to replenish the stock so that the cabinet wouldn't become empty.

He walked down the stairs with a small headache that barely bothered him from his hangover. After the many painful mornings after full moons, firewhiskey seemed like a tiny poke in his side that he could easily tolerate without a blink of an eye.

At the scene of his five unconscious friends all piled on top of one another on two pieces of furniture, Remus both smiled slightly and then frowned as he rubbed where his fingers had been bruised from the night.

"James," he muttered, nudging his friend's shoulder lightly. "Prongs, wake up."

At this disruption, the Potter jolted his neck up, instantly regretted it, and let out a moan before slamming his head down aggressively on the armrest of the orange couch.

"My head hurts like a bitch," he whined as Remus pulled his arm up. "Wait, Hol's still asleep."

Looking down and seeing that he was right, the tall boy let go of his friend and gave him time to throw a blanket over the Rosier he had his arm wrapped around before continuing.

"Okay, would you mind explaining what happened last night?" prompted James, rubbing his forehead. "That firewhiskey was a ticking bomb, I should have known."

Remus sighed a bit before answering, knowing that the alcohol had gotten the best of him.

"I knocked the cigarette out of her hand, like, an inch away from her face."

The Chaser simply rubbed his forehead again, leaning against one of the tapestry covered walls.

"Brilliantly done, Moony," he said sourly, giving Remus a scolding glance. "Of all people."

"Well, she said something about, uhm, Regulus, and I guess I just got angry," he replied sheepishly. "Not that that's an excuse, obviously."

The Potter immediately straightened at these words, his bleary expression becoming sharp and focused.

"What, what did she say-"

He was cut off by Sirius's loud shout at Lily and Hollis, who were both already giggling.

"I thought we discussed this, ladies!" the Black boy cried, throwing his hands in the air. "I thought I warned you to get me out of there before I came back as a dog!"

"I'm sorry," Lily wheezed, leaning against Hollis for support as her head ached from the laughing. "But you just looked so stupid, and I couldn't."

"Yea, this polaroid tells me that much!" Sirius exclaimed, waving a picture of his as a dog eating James's Exploding Snap deck.

"No one knew it was you," Hollis reassured him. "Just some crazy stray. I don't even really remember that much from last night, I doubt anyone else does either."

This statement made Remus and James exchange a meaningful glance before rejoining their friends by the fire from the wall they had walked over to for a more private discussion.