Time Flies By

{Astella's POV}

It's been 3 years. 3 years since I was shot. 3 years since I moved here. 3 years seemed to fly by. It's time to go back. I'm so excited. Everything is ready. All the arrangements are ready and I can't wait to go back home. A knock comes at my door. Grace comes in. "Some guy wants to see you." She says with a wink. I raise an eyebrow. I walk downstairs expecting Frank. But it's some other guy. And man is he handsome.

"Hey, Stella." He says. I study him. Chris, my classmate, friend and buddy for our project. Last one for the year.

"Hey, Chris." We start working on our project in the backyard. After a few hours we finally finish. "You've been amazing." He says with a thick French accent. I laugh. "Thank you. You're not so bad yourself." I say. He gives me a hug. "I'll miss you. So much." He whispers. "I'll miss you too." He breaks away and studies me. "I'm picking you up at five. No "buts" no refusing." He says. I raise an eyebrow and smirk. "Fine, don't." He says raising his arms in defeat. I laugh. "You're cute when you do that." I say quietly. He laughs. "Alright I'll go." I say as he tried to do a puppy face. I laugh. "See you at 5." He says with a wink as he starts getting up.

I smile. I'm gonna miss that guy. I never really mentioned him or thought about it because I don't really think much of school.

I go back up to my room and decide what outfit to wear. Grace comes in. "Going on a date?" She asks with a teasing smile. "Eh." Is all I say. She laughs. "Don't forget that our wedding is on Saturday, which is tomorrow, mind you, and that we're leaving Monday." She says. I laugh. "And why would I forget that?" I ask. She laughs too. "Come on. I'll help you look for something really nice to wear." She says bringing me to her room. I must have looked really puzzled because she laughs again. She grabs a sparkling blue knee length dress. "It's beautiful." I breathe out. She nods and lets me try it on. "He's good at picking times, cuz you got 10 minutes." She says trying to sound American. "That doesn't help you sound any closer to being American." I say sticking my tongue out at her. She laughs.

Chris is a man of his word, I guess. He's in the living room at exactly 4:50. I laugh when he tells me that. We walk to the bus stop talking nonstop. Once we're on, I enjoy the sights once more. In the darkening of the day. We reach the Eiffel tower and he leads me to the top. I take in the breathtaking view. The Eiffel is not lighted up and I take in the glowing lights of this beautiful city.

"Thank you." I say. He smiles. He tells me to close my eyes and I do. I feel my palm opening and something being placed on it. I open my eyes and see a beautiful necklace with our names engraved on it. His hand is behind his back and I raise my eyebrow. He smiles slyly. "You're not my girlfriend or my wife." He says laughing. "But I do care about you and you are my friend." He says handing me a bouquet of roses. I gasp and hug him tight. He laughs and squeezes me back.

We enjoy the night, talking, taking pictures, looking at beautiful Paris. And then we eat dinner and head home. To my home. We get off the bus and he walks me to the door. "I- I, uh," He stutters making me smile. "What?" I ask teasingly. He takes a deep breath and holds my hand since the other is holding the bouquet and necklace. He kisses my forehead then my cheek. "I love you, Astella. For 3 years we've been friends. I know you're closer to Frank and to Jonathan who's in the States. But I hope you never forget me. Because I'll never forget you." He whispers. His voice is so soothing and touching I don't want him to go. He gives me one last hug, a kiss on my cheek so near my lips. I almost want to disregard my dream of having my first kiss on my wedding day. But I can't bring myself to it. He seems to know it and smiles. He gives me a wink and leaves. Leaving me staring after him. I wish I hadn't been so distant from him. He's been such a good friend to me. Especially after I got home from the hospital. I'll miss that guy.

* * *
Saturday comes and Grace looks absolutely beautiful. The ceremony is quite beautiful and I can't describe every detail. All I can say is, the bride and groom are very good looking and the ceremony was probably the best I've ever attended. The bridesmaids, including me wore a peach gown with ruffles. (Just imagine what kind of dress you'd want and stick with that) So yeah, the wedding passed and so did Sunday. Grace is coming to America for their honeymoon. Thankfully. She hadn't been home for a while now. So now it's Monday and we're all leaving. Can't wait to go home.

--- Hi everyone!!! Thank you to those who actually stayed with me this far😊 I sure hope you are enjoying the story... Please, feel free to comment or vote. It's not important but I do want to know if I'm doing alright😁 thanks again!!!---