Family moments

Every day now, since the beginning of April, when he got here, Reagan and James hang out more often. Leaving Jon and I alone. Don't think any malice and stuff. Everyone knows we're best friends. Since preschool. He's like my brother. But on this particular day in the end of April, things get a bit, well...

Jon and I finished our project and it was in the top 3. We're sitting at the booth right now where the science freaks' booth is. Jon picks up his phone, grumbles, and puts it back in his pocket. "What's that about?" I ask him. He shakes his head and talks to a person who came up to our booth. When he's gone, I ask him again. "Sheila texted again." He says matter-of-factly. "What?" I ask. He doesn't look at me. "You have something with her? And you never told me?" I ask getting hurt. "No. I'd never have anything to do with the girl who used you. She just keeps asking me when I'm available. And I never replied. So yeah. At first it wasn't a big deal. Just normal her. But now her normal "annoyingness" is super annoying." He says finally looking at me. I let the hurt feelings die down. "Oh. Well, keep ignoring her. Try to block her." I say with a shrug. He shrugs too. "I don't know." He says. And our conversation ends as a group of people swarm around out booth.

After school, we head home. I throw my bag onto my bed, change into shorts, a loose shirt, then run downstairs. Today's grill day. Friday. My dad and brother are already out back. I pass by my mom in the kitchen. "Go ahead and go on out, Stell. I'll be out shortly." She says with a smile. I open our french doors and sit on a beach chair. Dad's grilling, brother's sipping, and I'm chilling. Finally, when everything's done being cooked, we set the table outside and eat. But first we pray. It's our routine. Pray, eat.

"Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for the strength, the love, and all the blessings you've given us. Thank you for providing for our food. Bless this food." My dad prays. And we all say, "amen". And we dig in.

After eating, we take a stroll along the beach, then play family games. Fridays are always fun. Swimming, splashing each other, water balloon fights and such. And then, present time. My parents always give us something once a month, on the 3rd friday of the month. Whether it be a new shirt, or money.

Gabe and I close my eyes. My parents hand us something in our open palms. We open our eyes and I gasp. A heart locket with my name engraved on the front, and inside, our family picture on the left and a pic of me on the right. I hug my parents. "Thank you. I love you." I say. "We love you too." They say and we have a family hug. We go inside and rest for a while, but my brother and I go back out and decide to swim again. The dogs come and join us. My huskies and his Labrador.

Out in the waves, we stay. And as for moments like this, I never want them to change.

--- another short chapter... Sorry... I was just thinking you might wanna know her with her family. So yeah, hope you guys keep reading;) ---