Baby, Please (Part II)

"Denise Elaina Hawkins, what in God's name are you doing out here?!"

Denise jolted up from her peaceful slumber at the sound of her Mom's voice. Her hand instantly went up to block the hot sun shining on her face, realizing she fell asleep on the bench itself.

"You fell asleep outside? Do you know how dangerous that is, what if you got kidnapped?" Joanna, her mother, exclaimed as she stood in front of a half asleep Denise.

"I didn't get kidnapped as you see and good morning to you too, Mom." Denise yawned while stretching out her arms.

"There's is no good morning. We're an hour behind and you were supposed to be doing your makeup 30 minutes ago! Instead we spent it looking for you."

Denise rolled her eyes at Joanna's dramatic behavior, one she was all too familiar with. Raising a hand up, Denise stood up from the bench. "I didn't run off anywhere so please calm down. Look, I'm going off now so don't worry alright? When you get stressed then I get stressed."

"Go on, go on. Carrie is waiting for you— Oh God, the flowers! Lord did they get the right flowers?! Frankie, honey?!" Joanna began panicking again and ran off inside leaving Denise by herself. With her hand on her hips she look her head and started walking to the door. Each step agitated her nerves and it didn't help that her and Michael's conversation was still heavy on her mind. She approached the door, grasping the doorknob and leaned her forehead on the door. The moment she opens the door officially starts the life of the future Mrs Rodney Peterson. Lord this is going to be a rollercoaster.

"I need a fucking drink," Denise muttered before pushing the door open.

_________________________________

Everything and everyone was crazy. Hair and makeup was done and dressed were fitted and zipped up, heels were strapped on and the entire room reeked of perfume.

Denise stood in front of the mirror looking beautiful as ever in her wedding dress. A white, off the shoulder, princess dress. A pearl choker around her neck alongside with matching earring, courtesy from her in laws.