𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

Alexis flipped her locket open and closed while she looked at the drawing of the man she had seen as a father figure. She closed the locket and put both it and the drawing back on a shelf. With a sigh she turned off her computer and opened a portal back into her cell where she had nothing but a mattress and desk. Laying down on the mattress Alexis drifted off into a restless sleep.

She was awoken to the sound of gunshots and screaming. Creeping closer to the door she slowly pulled it open and saw guards running all over the place, they were under attack. Quickly shifting her appearance to look like a guard she started running along with them until she spotted a corridor up ahead and when close enough she slipped in. Unfortunately a guard spotted her.

"Hey you! Get over here we need as many soldiers as we can get!" He yelled.

"Copy that." She responded running towards him. When she finally reached him she pulled out a knife and stabbed him in the neck. Dragging the body behind a wall she ran to the other side of the building swiping the card she had gotten from his body to get past locked doors. When she got to her destination it needed a retinal scan so she shifted to look like the guy she had just murdered and got through. Inside were rows of steel doors, pressing a button to her right all the doors opened. Kids ran out of some cells and into the portal that Alexis had opened. None of them could have been older than 12.

"Is that everybody?" She asked a boy that looked about 11.

"I-I think there's a girl in that one." He replied, pointing to a room at the end.

"Okay Thanks I'll be there in a minute." The boy nodded and went through the portal. Alexis slowly walked down the hall and looked into the room that the boy pointed out. "Hey is someone in here?" She asked softly. Looking under the desk she saw a little girl with short dark hair and big brown eyes. "Hi there, what's your name?"

"Holly."

"Well Holly my name is Alexis. Could you please come out for me? It's not safe to be here."

"Okay." Holly crawled out from under the desk and stood up. She came up to Alexis's upper thigh. Alexis picked her up and started walking out towards the portal.

"So how old are you Holly?"

"Five."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Ora-" She started to say but was interrupted by a gunshot.

Alexis heard it too accompanied by a slight pain on her shoulder. She looked over at the guard who fired it before jumping into the portal, the bullet falling out onto the ground as she closed it. Looking around she saw that she and all the kids from the facility were near a highway, but something was wrong. Even though she had never seen the outside world in person she did have internet access in her pocket universe, and all of these cars were old. Alexis's eyes went wide realizing one thing.
She was in the wrong time period.

So I know it's not the best but it could be worse...
Thanks for reading, please vote and comment.
Please point out any mistakes or things that might make this story better.
I will try and update every 1-2 weeks.
-Penguin