Chapter Thirty Two-My Irreplaceable One

Start from the beginning

But he didn't let the hurt show on his face. Instead, he tried to smile reassuringly at him. "Please..Let them give the medicine..Trust me one more time." He tried to plead again.

Various emotions played across Mew's face as he looks at him. The distrust still presents in his eyes. Gulf was ready to do anything for that to go away.

"Ok but..."That brown eyed man held onto his neck burying his face in his neck again. "You've to stay like this. You have to keep holding me like this until I wake up."

Slowly a soft smile appeared on Gulf's lips as he grabbed onto the other man pulling him to himself. "I will be here just like this."

Mew seems to be hesitant but still didn't protest when Aom pused the needle in his hand. He can slowly feel the darkness taking over him. Just like those times when he was all alone in that place where this man didn't existed. But this time he wasn't afraid at all. Cause this time he can feel two hands wrapped around him as he drifted into unconscious ...He knew there was nothing to be afraid of anymore. He knew it fully because after a very long time he felt safe. He felt at home.

"He is asleep now. You can let him go."

Gulf looked at the source of the voice. Preeda was looking at him with nothing but resentment. "Now you know it fully why I wanted him out of your reach."

He knew. He understand totally. The big bandage on the sleeping man's face was the proof of it.

"He...he is my only son, Mr. Kanawut." Mew's mother set at the hospital bed looking at his son who was sleeping in the other man's embrace without any sign of pain in his face, "I don't want to lose him. Today this happened. Who knows what will happen in the future. My baby...I haven't seen him smile fully in five years. I've seen him suffering alone. Don't increase his pains anymore....."

She broke down into tears and It was making him feel guilty again. Mew's mother was right. If he didn't meet Mew that day five years ago, none of this would've happened. He wouldn't have to go through what he did. he would've been happy. Without him. Everything would've been just in their right place. If only..

"Gu..Gulf.."

That whisper snapped him out of the daze as he hurriedly looked at the man in his arms. His eyes were still closed with a troubled expression on his face. "I'm right here." He brush his hand through his hair. It seems to calm him down as he went back to sleep again.

It was only then when Gulf look up at the people before him. "Yes. You are right. If I wasn't here he would've been fine. But I can't change that." He looked at Preeda's eyes. "I'm a very selfish person, Preeda. More than my grandfather. And I know that I'm not that much of a good person either. But.." He hugged the sleeping man tightly. "But for some reason, for some unknown foolish reason, this man love me. He wants me beside him. And as long as he does, I'm not gonna leave him again. Not for you..." He looked at Mrs. Suppasit with apolizing eyes. "Not for anyone."

The gravity of those words seems to settle in everyone's mind. Mrs. Suppasit looked at her son. She had to admit. Despite everything, this was the first time in five years, she was seeing her son without that troubled expression he always tried to hide. She looked back at the black eyed man who was holding onto him with both hands as if ready to fight anyone who try to snatch him away from his arms.

"Gulf...even after everything..." Preeda began to say again but Mrs. Suppasit's words stopped her.

"Promise me that he will never cry again. Promise me that I will see the same carefree happy smile on my son's face I used to see five years ago." Tears gather in her eyes as she looked directly at Gulf. "Promise me that you'll always protect him. Promise me that You'll never hurt him."