𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Începe de la început

"Oh my Gods, Leo," Lorna groaned. "I told you not to say that."

"You aren't the boss of me," Leo said.

"She's the supreme commander of the Argo II," Jason reasoned. "We all have to listen to her."

"You're whipped bro."

Jason and Lorna both flung their pasta at him.

With pasta in his hair, Leo said, "We look forward to seeing you. I promise that no pasta will be thrown at you. Peace out."

𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙰𝙱𝙴𝚃𝙷 𝙿𝙰𝙲𝙴𝙳 the deck of their flying warship, the Argo II, checking and double-checking the ballistae to make sure they were locked down. She confirmed that the white "We come in peace" flag was flying from the mast. She reviewed the plan with the rest of the crew- and the backup plan, and the backup plan for the backup plan.

Lorna knew Annabeth was nervous. Because they were flying a warship into New Rome, if the Romans misunderstood them, they would blast them from the sky and attack them and Annabeth wouldn't be able to see Percy.

And Lorna was like: Chill, Beth. I don't think the Romans are colour blind. They can clearly see the white truce flag we put up.

The warship descended through the clouds. Too late to turn back now. The clouds broke around their hull, revealing the gold-and-green carpet of the Oakland Hills below them.

Lorna's four crewmates took their places.

On the stern quarterdeck, Leo rushed around like a madman, checking his gauges and wrestling levers. Most helmsmen would've been satisfied with a pilot's wheel or a tiller. Leo had also installed a keyboard, monitor, aviation controls from a Learjet, a dubstep soundboard, and motion-control sensors from a Nintendo Wii. He could turn the ship by pulling on the throttle, fire weapons by sampling an album, or raise sails by shaking his Wii controllers really fast. Even by demigod standards, Leo was seriously ADHD.

Piper paced back and forth between the mainmast and the ballistae, practicing her lines. "Lower your weapons," she murmured. "We just want to talk." Her charmspeak was so powerful, the words flowed over Lorna, filling her with the desire to have a nice long chat. For a child of Aphrodite, Piper tried hard to play down her beauty. Today she was dressed in tattered jeans, worn-out sneakers, and a white tank top with pink Hello Kitty designs. Her choppy brown hair was braided down the right side with an eagle's feather.

Then there was Jason. He stood at the bow on the raised crossbow platform, where the Romans could easily spot him. His knuckles were white on the hilt of his golden sword. Otherwise he looked calm for a guy who was making himself a target. Over his jeans and orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, he'd donned a toga and a purple cloak- symbols of his old rank as praetor. With his wind-ruffled blond hair and his icy blue eyes, he looked ruggedly handsome and in control- just like a son of Jupiter should. He'd grown up at Camp Jupiter, so hopefully his familiar face would make the Romans hesitant to blow the ship out of the sky.

Jason had been part of Hera's forced "exchange program" to introduce the two camps. Hera, had convinced the other gods that their two sets of children-Roman and Greek- had to combine forces to save the world from the evil goddess Gaea, who was awakening from the earth, and her horrible children the giants. Without warning, Hera had plucked up Percy Jackson, wiped his memory, and sent him to the Roman camp. In exchange, the Greeks had gotten Jason.

And so, for the past 8 months, Jason had been living at Camp Half-Blood, doing activities with Lorna and sitting with Lorna. Not because they were siblings, but because they were children of the Big Three. Since for the past century, the Big Three didn't have a lot of demigod children, children of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades did activities together, ate together etc.