chapter twenty-two

Start from the beginning

"Damn," Rashir stared at the recent picture Lourdes had posted on her Instagram.

He liked the picture and commented heart eyes, which he knew would get him in trouble with her later

He liked the picture and commented heart eyes, which he knew would get him in trouble with her later. Apparently, people thought that he and Lourdes were dating, they had been posted on The Shaderoom together and there were pictures of them hanging out circulating online, being taken out of context. When Lourdes had told him about this, she insisted they needed to be as platonic as possible to assure people that they were not dating. He knew people would take him commenting heart eyes on her post the wrong way, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

"Rashir, coach wants you on the court," He heard someone say from the door to the gym.

He was hiding out, sitting in the locker room on one of the benches, on his phone while they had a short break during practice. It was Monday and he was in a bad mood today, his calculus professor was being a bitch about his grade. He hadn't done well on a test and was threatening to tell his coach so he couldn't play in their next game. Coach had made it very clear from the beginning that the team couldn't have a single failing grade no matter the class or else they would be benched until they raised the grade. Rashir had to learn that the hard way during freshman year.

"Tell him I'll be out soon," He replied without looking back to see who was talking to him.

"He said he wants you now,"

Rashir turned to see who he was talking to and rolled his eyes when he saw it was Diallo. Diallo Johnson was a senior and a point guard on the team. Rashir disliked him, he was cocky and a ball hog. He was also a huge player, Rashir might have slept around, but all girls knew what they were getting into when they got with him. He never entertained the idea of a relationship and made it clear that wasn't what he was looking for whenever he met a girl.

Diallo liked to play with girls' feelings and lie to them, and basically just be a complete ass. He had cheated on almost all of his previous girlfriend's, some of them even interrupting practice to confront him. He continued to cause unnecessary drama on the team and Rashir couldn't stand him. He hadn't liked him since he transferred to UMD from Grambling State during sophomore year and joined the team.

"Aight, I'm coming," He stuffed his phone into his bag and stood up from the bench to walk out of the locker room. He brushed past Diallo who was still waiting at the door but caught up to him and fell in step with him. Rashir ignored his presence, not wanting to make any sort of conversation with him.

"You friends with Lourdes right?" Diallo asked and Rashir side-eyed him. He said nothing and Diallo took his silence as a yes, "I got her number the other day, you think you could put me on? I'm having a party after the game on Wednesday and I want her to come," Rashir stiffened at the thought of Diallo being interested in Lourdes. Diallo was a douchebag, Lourdes didn't need that in her life.

"You can't ask her yourself? I'm not finna talk to her for you just so you can fuck with her feelings," He snapped.

Instead of looking offended, Diallo just smirked at him and Rashir could already tell he was about to say something that would annoy him, "You jealous or something bro? Thought she was just yo' friend," Rashir ignored him, but Diallo kept pushing, "I mean I get it, she bad as hell. With an ass like that, I'd want her all to myself too,"

A Destined FlingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara