Chapter 8

Noriaki sighed as he woke to the feeling of kisses being peppered across his shoulder. A smile graced his lips and he chuckled when Jotaro nibbled the base of his neck, "Good morning, Jojo."

"Morning."

"Did you need something?"

Jotaro gave him a gentle squeeze, "I have what I need right here."

"Sap." He said, then broke out into giggles as Jotaro started playfully gnawing on his neck.

"You love it when I'm sappy."

"Hmmm, I do." He replied as he rolled onto his back to look up at his boyfriend. He reached one had up, slipping his fingers into silky raven locks and pulled Jotaro down for a proper good morning kiss that quickly changed into a steamy make out session. Long minutes passed before the lovers finally pulled away from each other's lips, both wearing satisfied smiles.

"Now that was a good morning kiss." Jotaro said, a bit breathless.

"I thought you would like it." Noriaki replied, giving Jotaro another quick kiss before cuddling close to him, "What time is it?"

"Almost 7. Want breakfast?"

"Yes. That sounds wonderful. I'll help."

"Nope. You get a shower and relax. I'll make breakfast."

"You spoil me."

Jotaro kissed his forehead and sat up, "I try. Take your time. Breakfast will be waiting when you're finished."

Noriaki sighed as he watched Jotaro leave their now shared bedroom. His old room had been converted into an art studio now that he was decided on a fine arts degree.

It had been almost 2 years since their first kiss and, despite his memory loss, Noriaki knew he'd never loved anyone as much as he loved Jotaro.

He stretched and sat up in the bed, yawning as he slid from beneath the sheets and headed to the adjoining bathroom to start the shower.

Thirty minutes later, he emerged from their bedroom and headed for the kitchen, "Jotaro, that smells like cherry muffins. Did you make me cherry muffins?"

"Yep." He replied as he plucked one of the muffins out of the pan and put it on a plate.

"Oh my god I love you."

Jotaro chuckled, "Coffee or tea?"

"Coffee, please." He replied, sitting down at their small kitchen table.

Jotaro made their coffee and joined him a few minutes later.

"These smell so good. Is this one of Holly's recipes?"

"I used her blueberry muffin recipe."

Noriaki hummed softly as he broke open his muffin and added a bit of butter before taking a bite, "Oh my god. You are getting to be as good a cook as your mom."

Jotaro shrugged, "I just follow the recipes she sends us."

"You're too modest, love."

"Whatever." He said, blushing at the praise, "What do you have planned for today?"

"Hmm. I have to work on my final project for my life drawings class for a while. Otherwise, nothing really. You?"

"I need to finish up a report that's due next Friday but that won't take to long. What do you say we go out for dinner tonight?"

"Ohhh, good idea. It's been a while since we had time for a proper date."

"Alright. 6pm?"

"Sounds wonderful. I can't wait." Noriaki said, flashing a bright smile at his boyfriend. "Oh, speaking of dates. Make sure you are free on the 5th. I'm making special plans for that night."

"Our anniversary? I'm already trying to get ahead on my assignments so that we have that whole weekend free." Jotaro said with a wink.

Noriaki blushed, "Of course you are."

*****

"Mr. Joestar, thank you for meeting with us." The doctor said.

Joseph nodded, "You said you had something important to tell me?"

"Yes, sir. We believe we have solved the memory transfer problem for Mr. Kakyoin."

Joseph's eyes widened, "Really? Are you sure?"

"Yes, sir. The full transfer will be successful if we are to try again."

"But what about Kakyoin now? He's built a life, going to college, in a relationship with Jotaro... what will happen if we do the transfer now?"

The doctor hesitated, "It is possible that the new memories will be overwritten."

Joseph stayed silent for a long moment before speaking again, "Is that fair? Do we have any right to take away the life he's built for himself? And what about Jotaro? He could lose the man he loves...he's finally happy."

"Is it fair to Mr. Kakyoin to just let his memories die after all he did for everyone?"

Joseph sighed, "No. It's not. But that Kakyoin died an honorable death. He...he knew what he was doing. Do we have the right to take away what this new Kakyoin has built just to bring back a dead man?"

"It's what we have been working for these last few years, Mr. Joestar. This was always the plan. Maybe we should allow him to decide?"

Joseph nodded again, "Yes...I suppose we should. I'll tell them."

********

*Ring Ring!*

"Hello?"

"Kakyoin, my boy! How are you?"

Noiraki smiled, "Hello, Mr. Joestar. I'm good. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine! Just fine! How's Jotaro?"

"He's doing alright. A bit stressed over classes, but otherwise fine. Would you like to talk to him?"

"No, no! I need to talk to you, actually. I'm flying down to visit tomorrow. Would you mind picking me up at the airport?"

"Of course. We'd be happy to have you! It's been a while since you visited. Will Mrs. Joestar be joining you?"

"Ahhh, no, this is more official business than a pleasure trip."

"Oh, I see. Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine! I just have something to discuss with you. It's very important."

"You're worrying me, Mr. Joestar. Are you sure everything is alright?"

"Everything is fine, Kakyoin. I promise."

"Alright. What time are you supposed to land?"

"About 10am."

"We'll be there to pick you up."

"Good! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Ok. Goodbye, Mr. Joestar."

"That was Jiji?" Jotaro asked as he entered their living room.

"Yes. He's coming to visit tomorrow. He said he had something important to talk to me about."

"Hmm, that's weird."

"Yes. Very weird. It has me more than a bit concerned."

"Don't worry, Nori. I'm sure it's nothing. You know how he gets excited over nothing."

"Yeah. I guess you're right..."

******************************************

Aaaaaannnnd here comes the angst....

Comments and questions are always welcome!!
Follow me on Instagram @_jaxous_ for sneak peaks! DM's are always open!