Kings and Idiots

Song is Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas. 
This week has been the worst. Well, maybe not the worst, but pretty bad. Not only did I get sick, but one of my tests was pushed back, so it's gonna be harder to go home and visit my family. Well anyways, sorry about that. I just needed to rant a bit. Please enjoy this chapter! 
Sirius' POV
Waking up after being knocked out was never a pleasant experience. Waking up after being knocked out and finding out that you are in your former cell, only chained up this time, was even worse. Needless to say, when I woke up in this situation, I was not a happy camper. I was so. Done. With Elves. Especially these Elves. I was beginning to understand Thorin Oakenshield's aversion to them even more now. They were just impossible. And surprisingly stupid. They didn't seem to get the memo that I didn't cooperate when I was chained up, even when they received several scratches and bite marks while they dragged me to the throne room. Oh, yes. Apparently, King Thranduil wanted to get a look at me, having failed to before. The guards seemed to think this odd, but I was secretly pleased. This must mean that all of the dwarves had escaped, and Thranduil was trying to get a feel for their whereabouts through me. Not like I would give anything away. I had a sneaking suspicion on what his plan was, but I hoped that I was wrong. For his sake. I growled threateningly as I was all but dragged into the presence of the oh-so-mighty king. I noticed the blond Elf from earlier standing next to him, and immediately saw the relation between them. My train of thought was broken, however, as the guards finally "managed" to subdue me. I let them quiet me, more out of curiosity than anything else, but maintained my glare. Unfortunately, this seemed to please the infuriating Elven king.
"Ah yes. The dwarves' canine companion. Now, I wonder, what would possess them to take such a creature as you along, hm? Perhaps for bait for the dragon? They could use you to lure the dragon out, and then attempt to kill it. I would suppose that you have not been with them for long, as they did not come back for you. You have not earned their loyalty yet. On the other hand, you have shown loyalty by trying to protect them. So, creature, what is your secret?"
The more the Elven king spoke, the angrier I grew. How dare he assume anything of the sort about the dwarves?! About anything?! I have never wanted to rip off someone's face so badly. Thranduil rose to his feet, and proceeded to circle me like a predator. I mentally laughed at his efforts to be intimidating. This guy has nothing on Dementors as far as intimidation goes, and I spent twelve years with that depressing lot. If he thinks that he can scare me, then he has another thing coming. However, I soon learned that intimidation was not his end game...
"Legolas, bring the cloth, if you please," Thranduil commanded, returning to his throne.
He had the look of someone who found out exactly what he wanted, and that unnerved me a little. What could he have possibly found out? Did he sense the fact that I am sentient? From what Beorn told me about Elves, this might actually be possible. Although, I have been in this form for so long, I would not be surprised if my humanity was "muted" a bit. I was jolted back to the present by the piece of cloth that was suddenly pressed against my face. Indignation filled me, along with the scent of Kili the dwarf. I realized that my previous suspicions had been correct. They intended to use me to track the dwarves down. I didn't move a muscle as Legolas continued to try and make me smell the cloth with more enthusiasm. It was actually pretty funny. Finally, my lack of reaction seemed to clue the idiots that I was not going to take the (almost literal) bait.
"I do not believe the creature recognizes the smell, Father," he said.
The king seemed displeased, but did not give up.
"Return the beast to the dungeons for now. I will decide what to do with it later," he commanded.
I immediately began to protest I was dragged, once again, to my cell, and chained up. After the guards left me alone, I curled up in a ball, hoping, praying, that a way of escape would present itself. As I fell asleep, that voice, that one voice that seemed so strange and yet so familiar plagued my dreams again...
The Line of Durin cannot fall
The Line of Durin cannot fail
Only you can change their Fate
For the Line of Durin must prevail
For the Fate of all is what's at stake
The Line of Durin must conquer Fate
I apologize for the short chapter, but I wanted to publish something. The  next chapter should be up quicker than this one was, but we'll see. My schedule is gonna get busy pretty quick with more exams coming up... Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this!
❤️Soundwave's Wife❤️