Chapter Eighteen

|{Omniscient}|

"Sorry Q, can't make it today,"
Qani couldn't help mimicking, suddenly irritated. He gripped at the pen he was holding, clenched his fist over his laptop's keyboard. On screen, his paper is staring back at him. Mocking him...
He had a shit load of school work to get done on a time crunch but had zero inspiration.

He chewed on the inside of his lip. Disappointment made his chest ache. He had been looking forward to seeing Rio. Only to get that voice message saying he couldn't make it.
This policing of Ri's movement was getting old fast.

Qani moved from his desk to fall facedown on his bed when there is a knock at the door, he groans, not wanting to get up. But he dragged himself up anyway because he didn't want to wake Kade who was asleep on the floor. That was supposed to be his study mate, but that nigga been snoring the past two hours, unhelpful as shit.
Qani wasn't expecting anyone though, so it had to be one of his neighbors.

It's not any of his neighbor though, thankfully, but Rio, smirking at the wide of Qani's eyes and the way his mouth fell open, because this boy had said he wasn't free no time soon. Boy was he glad he decided to get out of bed to open the door though.

"Why you playing In my face like that?" Qani asked, chuckling a little bit.

"I'm not. I really wasn't gon come, but then I thought fuck it, there's a party and we're going. I snuck out."

"I have a paper due." Qani stated.

"So do i. But it's only for an hour."

Qani hesitated, more because he wanted Ri all to himself, than it was about the paper. "Come onnnn! I promise we'd study together when we get back. I need this."

Finally Qani conceded, because when has he not let Ri have his way ever? "Aight." He muttered, pulling the younger male in for a gentle kiss, then pulled him into his chest.

"I missed you," Rio said when Qani pressed against him, hoping more than anything that Q knew just how true his words are by the fast pace of his heart. Because ain't nothing truer. He knew Qani had been feeling like he was the only one hurting from the current situation they were in, but that's dead wrong. Ri has to wear Qani's shirt to bed every night just to fall asleep surrounded by his scent.
He missed Qani so much, the past couple of weeks has been crazy. Detaching from someone you've been attached to like that was difficult as a motherfucker.

"Missed you too shawty. Stay in bed with me, fuck the party. Just to sleep or sum." Qani responded. His thumb rubs softly under Ri's chin, just holding him there. He's had practice almost everyday this week, plus school work, so he was tired. He just wanted Ri present so he could sleep properly.
"I miss you and I don't get a break until next week."

A sudden clearing of throat had them both jumping apart, Qani had completely forgotten Kade was there soon as he saw Ri. Ri on the other hand hadn't bothered to look around to begin with, his whole attention on Qani.

"Um hey.." Rio waved awkwardly. Right before sending a glare Qani's way. "Didn't see you there."

"I bet." Kade said with a smile on his face. "A lot is starting to make sense now." He teased, sitting up.

"Aren't y'all like related or something? That's nasty."
He laughed now, enjoying their discomfort a little too much. Well, Rio's discomfort because Qani didn't give a fuck.