Her mind drifted to that morning, sitting with Alice, walking with Jasper, her mom...

Mom.

Memorys that Dade had spent so long trying to block out filled her mind.

Memorys of their life before she went crazy.

What was our cats name? Pirry? Piky? Purry? Yeah purry.

Dade tried to visualise what he use to look like.

A skinny cat with soft fur. Such soft fur. She use to run her chubby little fingers through it while it sleeped and
She would giggle.
His soft caramel fur. And he had spots. White spots. She would spend every night staring at them.

"How many are there mommy?" Dade asked rubbing her eyes. It had been almost an hour and she refused to sleep; she needed to know how many there were. How many spots.

"I don't know, i think a thousand" her mother said smiling.

The toddler gasped. "A thousand? Thats alot." She stated petting the sleeping cat.

"It is. But you know what? Mister pebbles has alot more." Her mother said pointing towards the black and white cat that rested on the toddlers feet.

"Mommy?" She said tiredly.

"Yes honey?"

"Eli's big brother said mr.pebbles isn't real."

The older woman smiled and tucked a strand of her red hair behind her ear.
"He is. But Eli's brother can't see him, you know why?"

"Why?" Dade asked tiredly her eyelids drooping.

"Because he isn't special like you." The older woman said placing a kiss on the young girls forehead. She tucked Dade in and turned off the light.

"Good night Dade" the older woman said smiling.

Dade sat up gasping.

It felt like she had some type of vision.

She placed a hand on her chest, taking deep breaths.

She touched her hair with her finger tips and stared down at it.

Her mother had red hair just like her.

Dade let out a quiet sob. Her arms wrapped around herself, she buried her head in her pillow.

Tears poured down her face soaking the pillow. She closed them, crying quietly.

Her hands shook and her chest hurt.

But she didn't stop. She couldn't stop.

She buried her face into her pillow and screamed. Her nails dug into her palms, so hard it made them bleed.

She cried hard for the first time in years.

"Why did you leave me? Why? Why!" She screamed into the pillow.

You never cared about me! Why would you leave your five year old daughter in this cruel world by herself?

Dade shakily took a breath. "Your selfish. Your so so selfish" she whispered staring at her ceiling.

Bella knocked on the door.

Dade ignored her and stared at her ceiling.

Bella knocked again before she sighed and gave up. She was probably asleep or something.