[4] maybe someday

note: the italics is Eren recalling memories.

A few weeks had passed since the first time I met Armin clutching a bird on that foggy afternoon. We hung out at almost everyday, alternating places that we'd meet. On this particular Friday mom took Mikasa and her friends, Sasha and Annie on a trip to the lake house. She invited me but I figured that I'd stay home. Long drives weren't really my thing.

I invited Armin over to stay the night. We could watch movies and play minecraft.

I really enjoyed his company. Maybe too much.

It was just a few days ago when I began to understand my own feelings.

Armin walked out of the door and down the driveway. From there he headed home. I watched him the way, my heart sinking with every step he took. Knowing I'd have to wait another day to see him again stung.

Maybe I'm just a clingy little shit who can't make friends on my own. I thought to myself. It's pathetic how I struggle to make friends and once I do, I just scare them away. God dammit.

Best friend. Best friend. Best friend. Repeating a word over and over makes it sound odd, almost made up. Best friends isn't a thing. It's just a word we use as a label. So if I did happen to refer to Armin as my boyfriend it'd just be another label with whatever meaning we give it.

Am I an idiot? Who thinks shit like this. Good god.

"You're totally in love with Armin," Mikasa peeked in from the hallway noticing my odd behavior.

"No I'm not," I snapped back. "My love life is none of your business."

"Same goes for you. I don't need to hear you smacking on the wall when I'm trying to have a good time with Jean."

I groaned, "Well maybe you could be a little quieter next time."

"How do you expect me to be quiet when I have a dick pounding out my insides," She laughed.

"What the hell Mikasa I don't need to know that dammit. God just get out," I slapped my hand against my forehead.

As much as I hated to admit it she was right. Not about the sex thing. But I am in love with Armin.

I cleaned up my room and made sure my controllers were charged. It was about 3:30pm and Armin was coming over at 5:00pm.

I laid on my bed staring at the blank ceiling hoping the time would pass by faster. It didn't.

I walked downstairs and began making a snack. It would be close to dinner time when Armin arrived, so he may be hungry. Although I figured that I'd just order a pizza.

I decided to play some minecraft before Armin came over. I went into our world that we played in nearly everyday. We had a large bedroom with our beds on opposite sides. His bed dyed bright blue and mine, dark green.

I decided to move my bed. I took it and placed it directly next to armins in the space in between our crafting table and large chest. Maybe he'd pick up on the hint that I liked him, or maybe he wouldn't.

Just then I heard the doorbell. I ran down the wooden steps, nearly slipping down a few.

I flung the door open.

"Hi," I panted out breathlessly.

"You look winded, did you just get back from a run?" Armin asked.

"No I heard you were here and sprinted to the door," I said with a goofy smile. Armin chuckled. I welcomed him into the house like I had many times before. We headed up to my room. I had left the game on, unknowingly.