[3] nap "date"

I lazily made my way downstairs. It was quiet compared to the usual stirring in the kitchen. I noticed a note left on the fridge.

Eren,
Mikasa and I are at the grocery store. If you need anything text me. Feel better

Love, Mom

I put the note down and headed towards the couch. I still didn't feel great, but I had slept for nearly 14 hours last night, so I didn't feel like going back to bed. Just as I was about to sit down I heard a knock at the door.

I opened it to see a slim figure standing before me. It was bright outside, temporarily fogging my vision. When everything became clear again I could see that Armin was here.

"Hi," He said holding up a container with what appeared to be soup. "Sorry to come by unexpectedly. I just feel bad that you're sick," He explained.

"No problem. Why don't you come in," I offered.

"Oh I just came by to drop off some soup I don't want to intrude," He said.

"Nobody is home if you're worried about meeting new people. Please, I could use the company," I smiled.

"Alright," He agreed.

I invited him to sit on the couch and we got comfortable.

"How'd you know how to find my house?" I asked, realizing that we've never been to each other's homes.

Armin seemed a bit ashamed, "Every night when you walk home I usually watch to make sure you get home okay," He said. "Sorry if that sounds creepy or something."

"No, that's very sweet of you. Just more evidence to show that you are a caring person," I added, remembering the conversation we had yesterday.

Knowing Armin cared about me made my stomach flutter.

"Are you feeling any better?" Armin asked.

"A bit," I replied honestly.

"That's good to hear."

"I liked that picture of your cat you sent me. She's really cute. I wish I could have a pet, but Mikasa is allergic," I told him.

"That's too bad, but if you ever want to say hi to Lio, she loves attention," He said.

"Yeah that sounds fun," I replied. I have quite the soft spot for animals so I looked forward to meeting Armin's cat eventually.

Armin let out a yawn causing me to yawn as well. I laid back further onto the couch, pulling up a blanket to my chin.

"Tired?" Armin asked. I responded with a nod. "Yeah me too."

"You look tired," I added, hoping not to come off as rude. He had dark bags under his eyes and he seemed a bit pale. I wonder if he had trouble sleeping.

"Yeah, I haven't slept much. My grandpa thinks it's some sort of insomnia," He explained. "It's odd though because during the day I feel like I could fall asleep any second."

"So why don't you?" I asked. Oh Shit. I hope that doesn't come off as a stupid question.

"Huh?"

"If you feel that way now just take a nap. I don't mind," I tossed him a blanket that was resting atop the couch cushions.

Armin caught the blanket and fiddled with it in his hands a bit. Honestly I could use a nap right now. So I hoped that he would take up my offer. When I first woke up I didn't think I could sleep any longer. Yet here we are.

Armin was too tired to refuse. He snuggled up in the blanket and was out like a light. I smiled at how peaceful he was. I was going to close my eyes for a bit myself, but there was something so calming about watching Armin. As his chest rose and fell as he took slow, steady breaths.