Rooftop

Fluff, human AU, high school AU

~Virgil's POV~

Ever since I was little, the star football player and most popular guy at my school, Roman Princeton, comes to my house around 10 p.m. This started when I was about 5, he moved in across the street from me and would come visit. We've been good friends since. We don't really talk much at school, I'm not the most liked person. He hangs out with me whenever he can though. His friends will come along too, their nice, like Roman.

The last bell for the day just rung. Me and Roman share this class, Math. "I'll see you tonight V. I'll help you with math if you need it." Roman always has been good in math. The only subject I'm good in is Science.

"Yeah. I'll probably need it." He chuckles. We pack our stuff up as a girl walks up.

"I couldn't help but to over hear. Roman why would you see him later tonight. I mean yeah there's a game but he never comes." The girl said, who I know now as one of the cheerleaders, Amy Harvey.

"Me and Virge are neighbors. I live across from him. I help him with math and he helps me with science. Also it's non of your Business." Roman tells her.

"Yeah, ok." Amy walks away.

"The fuck." I say and Roman laughs. We leave class, him heading to the football field and me going home. I walk home it's about 10 minutes walk but it's snowing, since it's January. Roman will drive me to school in the morning but I usually walk in the evening.

Once I get home my mama hugs me. "Hello, sweetie. How was school?" She asks as she pulled back away from the hug, her hands still on my shoulders.

"Fine, A lot of homework though." I tell her. She nods.

"Well you can get that boy next door to help you. Don't think I don't know about you two on the roof." She teases. I blush and look away.

"He's gunna help me after his practice." I say.

"Awe. You boys are so cute!" She gushes. Mama has always been very supportive of my sexuality and choices. My dad not so much. My parents are divorced.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm heading to upstairs my room." I say as I walk off.

"Dinner's at 6!" She calls after me. I give her an "ok" and head into my room. My room is emo-ish. Three of my walls are black and one purple wall. I have posters of different bands and movies. My bed is a twin size bed pushed against the right wall in the corner. A desk between the doors for my closet and bathroom. A dresser beside the only window in my room. I have a black chair swing thing hanging from my ceiling in the left corner. I have hardwood floors with a black and purple rug.

Anyway, I still at my desk and take out my reading homework. I have to read a book by Friday, it's Tuesday. I don't have the book so, "Mama!" I hear a "coming" before my door opens a few minutes later.

"What is it, baby?" She asks, walking over to me.

"Tomorrow when you go to work will you pick this book up for me? I need it for a book report next week." I tell her.

"Of course, hunny." She grabs a sticky note and writes the boom title down. "I'll get it for you."

"Thank you, mama." She smiles and kisses my head.

"You're welcome, hunny." Mama take the sticky note and leaves my room, closing my door behind her.

After about two hours I finished my homework, well all but math. Totally not because I want Roman to help me, it's because I don't know how to do it.