Chapter 12

Roni's POV

"Toni?" I hear Viola whisper. I face forward not wanting to intrude if they were talking. 

"Toni?" I hear her say a bit louder, still whispering but now it's become more of a whisper yelling. 

I look to Alessandro who is caught up in the traffic in front of him, probably not hearing it. Finally, after hearing Viola call out his name one more time, sounding slightly panicked, I turn around feeling a sense that something is wrong. 

When I spin in my seat I'm shocked. Antonio seemed to be having trouble breathing as tears streamed down his face. The crying shocked me more than the fact that he was probably having a panic attack though. I've known him for long enough to know he doesn't cry often. I was also shocked by the fact that he was staring directly at me. He usually avoided me or rolled his eyes the second they landed anywhere near me. At the moment I pushed away my shock trying to see what I can do to help.

Viola seems to have things slightly under control but she also looks worried. 

"Vi, is he okay?" I question quietly not wanting to startle Sandro if I don't need to. 

She looks up at me.

"I-i," she stutters before Antonio's breathing becomes more rugged and I see her wince. I look over her confused until I realize that she's holding his hand and he's squeezing her's pretty harshly, probably not noticing the damage he's doing in his state. 

"Papa," she rushes out her voice cracking.

His head immediately snaps back to her. He looks at the road frantically seeming to understand what's happening. 

Sandro tries to get off the highway but struggles with the traffic. 

Antonio looks like he could pass out at any moment and he's squeezing Viola's hand so hard that she's sweating, visibly in pain.

I look around knowing that I need to help them both.

"Antonio," I say unbuckling my seatbelt

"Babe, what are you doing?" Sandro says. 

"Just get us to a spot where we can get out, I'll take care of it until then" I rush out. 

He nods hesitantly.

I climb into the back row. Viola looks visibly relieved. 

"Antonio," I say a bit louder. I put my hand on the one that he's holding Viola's with wanting to help her too. 

As I try to pry his hand off his grip tightens. 

"Antonio!" I shout grabbing his face. He's still hyperventilating but that shout seems to have gotten a bit of his attention. I snap in his face trying to keep his eyes on me. 

Now that I have his attention I try again to get Viola's hand out of his grasp. This whole time viola has been sitting in his lap playing with his hair with her free hand still trying to calm him down despite the pain he's causing her.

Finally, I pry his hand off of Violas just as Sandro pulls over. 

Viola doesn't even check her hand just immediately goes back to comforting Antonio. 

Seeing that he hasn't calmed down Sandro takes Viola off his lap before pulling Antonio out of the car, trying to get him fresh air. When the air hits his face his breathing starts to slightly calm down. Once he's a bit calmer his head snaps to me. Expecting to be blown up at I frown lightly but much to my surprise it tackled me into another hug. Okay, how is this more shocking than Viola calling me mom? I thought to myself.