Chapter 7

As we all released from the hug I heard Veronica gasp

"Oh my god, Viola, what happened to your IV's" she shouted, clambering pushing everyone back so she could reinsert the needles.

"Sorry, I had to pull them out," I say, looking at Antonio who looks guilty. She gives me a questioning look before following my line of sight and seeing Toni.

She opens her mouth to speak but I do before she can "It wasn't his fault. I got up he didn't do anything." 

Roni nods, smiling softly as she finishes reinserting the needles and walks back to Papa's side.

They all sit around my bed staring at me. 

When I feel a little tug on the blanket I look down and find Lucas trying to climb up. 

He pouts as he realizes he can't pull himself up and goes to move away, his eyes welling up with tears.

I twist to stop and lift him only for the IV to stop me.

Looking up, I catch the attention of Enzo who happens to be the closest

"Can you pick him up for me, Zozo? I can't reach with the IV," I can clearly see his hesitation.

He lifts him up uncomfortably and places him on the bed.

I narrow my eyes at him. Why do they look so uncomfortable? Haven't they been living together?

I shake my confusion off when I feel Lucas poke me

I look down towards him smiling to see him looking down shyly.

I hook my fingers under his chin and lift his head up so his eyes meet mine.

"Did you want to ask me something?" I ask, smiling down at him. 

"Ummm, can I, umm never mind," He says and tries to clamber off the bed. 

I pull him back to me. "Wait, wait, wait, what is it, bambino?" I ask

"I-i wanted to cuddle, but usually the boys don't let me cuddle with them so n-nevermind," He says and tries to get up again. This time as I try to stop him he steps on my thigh causing me to wince slightly and whimper in pain.

As soon as I do everyone rushes over, Roni pulling Lucas off and placing him on the chair across the room. I attempt to protest only to have a chorus of "are you okay?"'s. 

"Viola, where does it hurt?" I hear Lorenzo

"Are you okay?" Papa and Roni both question

The other boys continue to bombard me with questions and offer to get me things.

As I try to convince him I'm fine I hear quiet sniffles somewhere in the room. 

"I'm fine guys calm down," I say, looking around the room not finding where the sniffles are coming from

They continue talking asking me questions as I try to locate the noise, not focusing on what I'm looking at. 

"Hey-" they ignore me and continue to dote over my leg.

"HEY!" I yell cutting them all of. They stare at me shocked.

"I'm sorry, but please can everyone shut up," I say, still looking around the room.

I hear the sniffles once again.

They're all surrounding me on the bed so I cant see half of the room.

"Now please, back up," I say, as soon as they do I see him. They all look confused and concerned still staring at me.

Lucas is sat in the corner of the room crying.