-Settling In-

I recommend headphones if you want a fun experience ;)

~Y/n's Pov~

"Thank you so much Thomas, I promise we will be out of your guy's hair when summer is over."

He chuckled and gave me a hug. "You guys can stay as long as you need, y/n. And if you do find a place, just know you are always welcome here." I smiled at him and walked out to Charli and Lucas. I honestly really enjoyed the sight of them standing next to each other, their my family. 

We walked upstairs to the empty bedroom Thomas said could be Lucas's. Since they obviously didn't know he was going to be staying here, it just had a bed. "Don't worry," I said to Lucas who was looking around the empty bedroom. "You need new things anyway, we will just buy everything you need for the room and some clothes, a phone, the necessities." He nodded and smiled at me. 

Me, Charli, and Lucas decided that we were going to the mall after he use the bathroom and thanked Thomas. We also decided that we would just eat dinner while we're out.

 As Lucas headed downstairs, Charli gave me an exhausted expression. I rubbed her arms and looked into her eyes. "You okay?" I asked her. I already knew the answer though. There's this thing with Charli. She needs attention and constant confirmation, and I love that about her. She looks stressed and exhausted because she thinks I won't be able to do that anymore. I adore Charli and I love her to death, but I don't think she understands that not everything has to change. He is thirteen years old. He won't need my constant attention like a little child would. When the summer is over, he will be going to school. I think that the rest of this summer will be fun with the three of us. Me and her can still go on dates, and get alone time. Nothing has to change. 

"Yeah I'm fine, just a long weekend."

 She gave me a small smile and I kissed her on her forehead. "We are almost done okay? I love you baby."

"I love you too." I kissed her softly on her lips and her face changed from stressed to normal, happy Charli. "But we need to go out on a date soon." 

I laughed and she laughed too. "Okay, I promise. " We stood there and smiled until we heard footsteps approaching. 

"You ready?" I asked Lucas, who was standing in the doorframe of the empty, echoing room. He simply nodded and headed downstairs. 

"You guys have fun!" Alex yelled as we walked out the door. I am pretty sure they are all supportive of us, which is good. The last thing I want is to be a disturbance. 

On the way there I made sure I held on tight to Charli's hand for reassurance. I know this must be overwhelming for her as well with the whole Lucas thing. She has a girlfriend with a son now, that must be a lot. Plus, it came so sudden. We flew to Virginia not knowing what was going to happen and a few signatures later, I am his legal parent and living with us. It's overwhelming for the both of us. 

We ate at In-And-Out and then headed to the LA mall. He had to get him clothes, shoes, room décor, a dresser, everything. Starting from scratch.  Sounds exciting if you ask  me but by the face Charli had walking into the mall, I could tell it was a lot for her. 

"Hey Lucas, lets take a bathroom break before we get started okay? We have a lot to do anyway." He agreed and the three of us headed to the restrooms. Lucas went into the boys bathroom and I held Charli's hand and walked into the girl's. 

The bathroom was empty when we walked in and Charli's breathing was very heavy and her hands were shaking.  I turned her so we were facing each other. I looked her in the eyes and I could tell she was having a panic attack. She gets them whenever she feels overwhelmed or stressed.

"Hey-hey....baby.  Look at me. It's okay. You're okay. I am right here. What's wrong?"  

Her breathing started to get heavy and her breath was very shaky. "I don't get how you're com-completely fine about all of this! I don't know how you are so good with this! I am not ready to be a-a mom!" She took deep breaths and I gave her a sympathetic smile. 

"Not ready for what honey?" I asked her, trying to keep eye contact with her. 

"I'm not ready to be a mom!" I could tell she slowly started to calm down. 

"Baby no one is asking you to be a mom. All I am asking is for you to be my girlfriend. That's it. You don't have to do anything. I am not asking you to co-parent with me. It's all up to you okay? I know it's a lot and I understand it is very overwhelming. It is for me too. I love you okay? You don't have to be a mom yet. You're sixteen with a hot girlfriend. I understand." She let out a chuckle through more deep breaths and nodded her head. 

"Are you okay? Ready to shop?" I asked her, cupping her cheek. She nodded and smiled at me. She checked her appearance in the mirror and we headed out of the bathroom and Lucas was standing outside of the boy's restroom. 

"You ready?"