What A Long Time (Andy)

Brittany's P.O.V

I sighed and paced back and forth in my living room. When is Andy coming back? He promised he'd be back today, and I told him to not forget the night before! I'd forced him to promise me!

Please let him be back soon! I thought over and over and over again in my mind.

No such luck. I glanced over at the square, grey, digital clock on the wall. The time was 12:32 p.m. He was 2 minutes late.

It's only been two minutes though, I am sure it's just the bus having problems. When is the bus never having problems? I thought.

The doorbell suddenly rang, "Andy?"

I forced the door to open with all my strength, the door swung open. Andy was not on the other side. It was only my terrified, crazy, old lady neighbor next door, Betty.

"You be carful, darlin'," she said in her thick, southern accent, "I heard some aliens flyin' 'cross the sky 'round this time yesterday."

She then lifted her head quickly towards the sky, "I heard 'em again! Let me come in!"

I didn't let her in. She did that all by herself. I looked at the clock again.

12:37, it's only 7 minutes right? I said to myself in my head.

Betty seated herself on the comfy couch and looked at me, "Ya look troubled child, what's wrong with you?"

"Andy was suppose to be back, seven minutes ago," I took my place next to her.

Bad decision, she whacked me up side the head, "I told you to dump his butt! He looks like one of the weird aliens!"

"Wearing makeup is part of the act!" I rubbed the back of my head, "Besides, he doesn't wear much anymore."

"He's becoming human again," she whispered and pretended like I couldn't hear her.

I turned my head away from her and rolled my eyes, "He IS human."

"He WAS human," she argued, "I think the aliens communicate with him. He allows them to so that he can protect you. That's why he goes away for so long. He does it to keep in contact with 'em without having to sneak away from you every night."

If only that were true. I worry about him so much. I worry if I am good enough. Sometimes I'm not so sure with all the hate blogs about our relationship. Andy tells me not to care, but it's so difficult to actually do just that. I wonder if he sneaks off with girls on tour, or maybe he does that all the time even with me around! Ugh, Betty's personality can really spread to people, can't it? I trust Andy. Even if he is an alien, he will always be MY alien.

The front door came open. Andy appeared in the doorway. Betty jumped up from the couch and dashed to the kitchen. Everything was happening so fast that I didn't have time to react.

Next thing I know Andy is getting hit repeatedly over the head with a broom.

Betty was smacking him really hard and repeating the phrase, "THE ALIENS HAVE COME! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! HELP US ALL GOD! HELP HELP!" really loudly.

She said this a thousand more times before running out the door.

"What the hell?" Andy leaned and shook his head trying to shake off the dizziness.

"I have no clue," I replied.

I looked at the clock one more time, "12:45! Andy, you are fifteen minutes later than you promised!"

He smiled, "Only fifteen!"

"It feels like an eternity," I frowned.

"How do you think I feel?" he grabbed me and pulled me in closer, "When I'm up there all I can think about is you, Brittany!"

I couldn't say anything other than, "I love you."

"I love you too," he bent down and kissed my forehead, "Now help me unpack!"

"Ugh," I groaned, "That's going to take a berzillion years!"

"Oh, but the reward is oh-so-special!" he smirked.

Thank you all (especially @Chandler_Brittany) for bring patient with me! A lot of crap has been going down at school and my social life! I am trying to redo my life, so to speak, and need quite a bit of time. I will be uploading more often than I have been though so please put in your requests in the comments or in my inbox! Thank you my Clan for reading and until the next time... BERB-BYE!