11

By the time Quidditch season hit, nearly everyone in Gryffindor house was running in the courtyard every morning. Everyone seemed really into it. They would collect into groups with friends, then run laps with each other.

May Clomar- the Fifth year Gryffindor with the prosthetic leg- sometimes walked a lap or two, but she mostly counted laps with Rhea More- a Ravenclaw- Adeline Rems and Cala Kiack- both Hufflepuffs. They had sorted out a chart of development for everyone; to see how they progressed.

Harry was pretty happy with how things were turning out so far. Although he still didn't know what to do about Quirrall.

November sixth was on a Wednesday. This was chaser Angelina Johnson's birthday. At breakfast the owls came in as usual and for the third time that year a large broom shaped parcel headed towards the Gryffindor table.

Everyone turned to either Harry or Angelina as the broom dropped in front of the girl. She opened the package to find a brand new Comet Streak. They had been released onto the market midnight Halloween. Not even a full week ago.

"Harry why?" She rubbed her hand down the broom but turned to the boy looking a little upset.

Harry bit his lip. "I mayyyy have a teeny-tiny shopping problem." He said looking a little uncomfortable. He had missed everything about this when he was on the run or fighting Voldemort; Harry wanted to spoil all his friends and make memories he wouldn't forget. If he was going to die at twenty -he planned on making sure he lived longer than that- it wouldn't hurt to use the money.

Draco and Hermione laughed with the twins and Oliver Wood joining in.

Oliver smiled at Angelina. "Just accept it; he doesn't mean anything by it." The girl nodded. "I think he might be an addict or something."

"Thanks Harry." She was nearly laughing then.

Harry grinned widely. "No problem."

"Hey, what's the betting he's having the rest of the team's brooms delivered for Christmas?" Ron asked looking at the twins.

"Stay out of my mail Ron." Harry pretended to be annoyed, but he was indeed planning to get the rest of the team brooms for Christmas, along with spending hundreds of galleons on the rest of the common room too. He didn't have any other use for the money so there was nothing wrong with splurging a little.

Harry was encouraged -politely forced- by Oliver Wood to skip his morning run on the morning before a game. All the Quidditch team- minus Angelina Johnson who wanted warm shower water- sat on the side-lines and Harry was glad everyone was keeping up without them.

Oliver took his new broom and stood with it as he gave his speech. He told them that they were the best team Gryffindor had ever had. They could maybe even take on Scotland's team by how well they worked together. Everyone was shocked- the Scot was patriotic to his national team thinking they were unbeatable.

"You really think we're that good?"

"I swear every one of you could play professionally. We won't lose to Slytherin."

"Thanks Captain." Harry smiled.

"Come on Evans. Let's see their faces when you come out."