Old Friends and Broken Trust | Tim Drake x fem!reader

Request: hi, can i request 1,2 and 27? like just angst and maybe fluff later on? with tim drake

Pairing: Tim Drake x fem!reader

Prompts: This was from my old prompt list, 1-"Care to explain where you've been?" "To you? No."     2-"Leave. Leave right now."    27-"I trusted you."

Summary: Tim Drakes old partner (you) comes back after being gone for two years. Angst ensues and maybe even love?

A/n: this is like the first time i've writing in about a year and i don't mean dec 2020 i mean jan 2020 so it's definitely not my best work and kinda shit if i'm being honest but hey i tried so there's that going for me. Since this one was my first it's written a little different from the rest of my stuff.

Word count: 902 kinda short but whatever baby steps

Code: y/n=your name, y/h/n=your hero name

It was dark in Gotham, though, if you asked y/n it was always dark in Gotham

It was dark in Gotham, though, if you asked y/n it was always dark in Gotham. She'd grown up in the darkness that surrounded the city. She knew how it changed everyone, everyone but Tim. At least that's what she thought. He had always been different from the other people in the city. He wasn't out to get something or looking for revenge. That's what y/n liked best about him and that's why she agreed to help him.

At first it was just a game. The two of them would follow Batman around, take out a burglar here and there if they could. Everything was fine until the big bat himself decided to step in. He offered to train Tim into the next Robin, he offered to train y/n too. After all, what's Robin without a Batgirl? But she couldn't say yes, not when she knew why he fought. He didn't just do it to help Gotham. He did it for revenge, to get back at the city for some unknown trauma instead of getting a therapist like any sane person. Not to mention how he treated his sidekicks. He replaced them whenever it was convenient. God only knows what happened to the first Robin but rumors spread after the second Robin disappeared. They said he died, they said he suffered.

After begging Tim to reconsider and eventually realizing he wouldn't, y/n ran away. She couldn't watch him devote himself to a man who wouldn't care what happened to him. So, she bought a one way ticket to Bludhaven and she left. The months she spent fighting crime with Tim stuck with her so she continued her work as y/h/n. Turns out the local crime rings and gangs weren't a huge fan of the newest hero.

༻𖥸༺

The living room window to Tim Drake's apartment slid up and he stepped inside. His patrol had ended and his Red Robin suit was tucked neatly into the backpack he wore. He closed the window and walked across the space towards his bedroom. He opened the door and let the backpack fall by his feet.

The first thing Tim noticed in the dark room was the box of files, his box of files, sitting on the bed. The next thing he saw was y/n. She didn't look up, instead kept her eyes glued to the file she was reading. He wordlessly made his way over to the desk and sat down facing away from her.

"You've been busy." Y/n turned the page. Her voice was calm and even and familiar. God, how he'd missed that voice.

"Care to explain where you've been?" he asked, pulling himself out of his trance and looking over his shoulder at her.

"To you?" she scoffed, tilting her head up so their eyes met for the first time in nearly two years "No."

Their eyes locked and Tim was locked in place. He remembered typing her name into the bat computer nearly a year ago but stopping himself before he could hit search. "Well then do you want to explain what you're doing in my bed."

"Can't i just visit an old friend?" She closed the file and set it on the bed next to her.

"Is that what we are? Old friends?" He shot back. It was a cheap hit and he knew it would hurt her but at this point he didn't care. "What do you want, for real this time." he demanded.

"Fine, we'll skip the small talk. I need some information and a friend of ours told me that was your specialty."

"Really, you disappear for two years and now you're back because you need something?" He stood up, glaring at her.

"You could've found me! I wasn't exactly hiding and we both know Bruce has the tech." y/n copied his movement so they were both standing.

At 14 their heights matched but now there was a couple inches difference leaving Y/n looking up and Tim looking slightly down.

"You shouldn't have left! We were a team!" Tim raised his voice letting his anger take over.

"You ended this team when you decided to work with Batman!" She shouted back

"Why the hell are you so against him?"

"Because he doesn't care about you Tim!"

"You're wrong."

"Am I? Or are you too awestruck to see it."

"Leave. Leave right now" He turned away from her. There was a pause, then footsteps then a door opening slightly.

"I shouldn't have disappeared," she took a breath. "But you left me first. I trusted you."

"And I needed you!" He cut her off. "I'm not like the other Robins. I have a family, but I needed you."

Silence.

"I needed you too Tim." y/n closed the door and stepped closer to him. "I still need you." She reached out, taking his hand. He tensed and looked down at their now entwined fingers. "I-" Tim cut her off by pulling her into a kiss. It was soft and gentle and he felt her melt into his touch, deepening the kiss.

Tim's arms reached around y/n's waist pulling her closer as she moved her hands to rest on his shoulders. She broke away from the kiss gasping for air and resting her forehead on his.

"Took you long enough." She smiled slightly, before kissing him again.