Hold that thought. She heard the lock in the door turn and in came Raven, dressed for work, looking smart as ever.

"To what do I owe the pleasure? Raven Reyes visiting me before work? Is it the end of the world?"

Raven sat across from her on one of the stools by the kitchen island. And that's when Clarke noticed her demeanour.

"Rae? Are you alright?"

Raven looked up at her then, "huh?"

"Which world are you in?" Clarke asked.

"uhh... nothing... got some food for me?" she asked trying to change the subject. But Clarke was not going to let it go. Raven was usually a very open person. The last time she acted this way was in high school when she was asked to keep a secret from Clarke.

Clarke served her some waffles and watched as Raven stuffed her mouth with food, still not making eye contact.

"Raven, what are you keeping from me?"

"Keeping from you? I'm not keeping anything from you. Why would I keep anything from you? You're my best friend, Clarke, I could never keep anything from you." she mumbled with her mouth still full.

Clarke laughed, but then began to worry.

Something was clearly bothering Raven, and she felt she couldn't tell Clarke right now. But Raven DID come over at 8 am, before work to her place, so she must feel guilty for holding something in. she decided there was only one thing she could do.

She reached out and placed her hand on Raven's. Raven finally looked up at her.

"Hey, whatever it is, tell me in your own time. Whenever you think it's appropriate, alright?"

Raven nodded. She then did something that was so unlike her. She got up from her seat, came around the island and pulled Clarke into a tight embrace.

"This morning keeps getting weirder." Clarke exclaimed even as she hugged Raven tighter. Next thing she knew Raven mumbled 'Thanks for breakfast' and hurried out the door for a new day at work.

"Have a nice day, honey?" Clarke teased.

Raven flipped her the finger, and closed the door behind her.

It was lunch time now, and Raven decided what better time to call Lexa and catch up on 4 years of lost time.

The phone rang 5 times before Lexa finally picked up, and Raven's heartbeat was already racing, knowing she was going to be hearing this voice after 4 whole years.

"Raven!"

"Lex! Hi!"

Lexa chuckled, and the laughter was so pure, it was like time travelling back to their days at high school.

"Is this a good time to talk?" Raven asked.

"Raven, don't you go around getting all formal with me. I know it's been a while, but it's still me and hopefully, you're still you."

"As me as I could be without you around"

"I'll make up for it, I promise" Lexa said with a smile. "So what are you doing? Is it lunch time already?"

"Uhh, yea, I mean, I got an early start to my day today, had to stop by at Clar... at a friend's place before work so..."

Lexa didn't miss the slip, but she chose to not think too much of it.

"What's Madi up to?" Raven asked

"Oh she's not at home. She had a school camp for 2 days, so she should return this evening."

This got Raven thinking. And thinking real hard. But before she could voice any of her questions, she was distracted with a voice from Lexa's home.

"No no, it's Raven" Lexa was telling the third person.

"Yea yea, gloat all you want." Lexa told the person.

"Who's that?" asked Raven.

"Sorry, that's just my sister, Anya. Have you met her before?"

"I don't think I've had the pleasure, but I've heard about her, definitely."

Lexa chuckled. "Yea.,. Well she's been hounding me to call you for months, reminding me that I should stay in touch with the one friend I have"

Raven laughed loud and hard at this "Well she does have a point. What if I stared hating you?"

"Would you ever?" Lexa asked seriously

Raven thought about it for a second "Nah" she said and they laughed. Once again Anya was mumbling something from the other end and Raven couldn't quite understand why she was so interested to know what that voice was saying, there was something about Anya's voice, it was just so, alluring.

"I'm putting you on speaker, Rae, for some reason Anya feels the need to butt into our conversation" Lexa said, her tone mixed with irritation and jest.

"Hi Raven" came the voice more clearly now.

"Hi, Anya. Hi."

There was silence between the two of them then. And Lexa butted in.

"That's it? That's what you wanted to say to my friend Raven?"

"uhh.. no... I had more to say, but I've forgotten"

Raven understood the feeling, because suddenly her throat felt dry too. "Anya, that's okay... so how are you doing? Does Lexa bother you much?"

"Oh she can be a handful. 4 years ago I would have liked a warning that she was coming back into my life and bringing one little angel with her too. I can't get enough of that little rascal now."

Raven laughed "the more I hear about Madi, the more I want to meet her."

"Soon" Lexa said and at the same time Anya spoke "Come over"

Raven laughed. Lexa continued "I think what Anya means is you are always welcome to our home Raven, but we may be coming to New York soon."

"What! That's great!" Raven exclaimed excitedly.

"Lexa may come live with Clarke again" Anya said

"Wait what?! NO! Anya no. Raven, don't listen to her. Nothing of the sort is happening."

Raven's heartbeat was racing again. She wasn't sure what to feel about it all, Lexa coming back to New York, but not wanting to be near Clarke. It was understandable, but would Clarke understand when the time came.

"Raven? You there?" Lexa asked.

"Yes yes, I'm still here"

"Yea, as I was saying. I'm not living in anyone's home. I will be looking out for a place of our own, for Madi and I to live in."

"But that's going to take you time" Anya argued. "Until then, I'm sure Clarke won't have a problem having you stay over"

Raven could see what Anya was trying to do. She wondered later if she should talk to Anya separately to get her point of view on things. Who better would know everything Lexa isn't saying than her own sister, right?

"That's not up for discussion, Anya. It's final." Lexa said, now sounding highly frustrated.

"When will you guys be coming down?" Raven asked.

"Sometime next week" Anya said.