[18] - "𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴"

Start from the beginning

"I know...I'm sorry." She apologized.

"What?"

"I made you relive it back at the salvage yard. I felt your grief...your pain. I'm sorry."

She was genuinely sorry, and felt guilty. Y/N wasn't mad, and was never going to be.

"Don't be, Wanda. We've all done things we regret, and it's best not to dwell on it."

Y/N looked ahead, and saw a man helping a couple out of a horse carriage. He had an idea.

"Enough of this moping." Y/N got up, helping Wanda to her feet as well, "You ever ridden in a carriage?"

The two rode the horse carriage through the park back in the direction where they parked the car. The enjoyed more of the sights, and even got a picture taken once the ride was over.

The pair then went out to eat at a pizza place nearby. They sat in one of the outside tables and enjoyed their food.

"This guy shrunk to the size of an ant. Sam couldn't even find him, and even got into his pack to disable his wing suit." Y/N told the story of Falcon's encounter with the mystery man.

"Really? Who else knows?" Wanda asked, intrigued by it.

"Only Nat and I. But trust me, I'm definitely going to tell Cap."

The couple laughed. "Who could it have been?" Wanda wondered.

"Beats me. Sam told me he'd look into it though...maybe he could possibly be a new recruit?" Y/N replied.

Wanda nodded in agreement. Moments later, an older man walked up to them.

"Hey, sorry to bother, but are you two Avengers?" He asked.

Y/N looked up at him, "Um...what will you do if I say yes?"

"It's just that...my nephew is a big fan of you guys. Especially Iron Man." The man paused, "He saved him a few years ago at an expo."

Y/N remembered that incident, when Justin Hammer recruited Whiplash.

"Wow...how's he doing now?" Wanda asked showing concern for the kid.

"He's fine now. Very smart kid. Wants to be like Tony Stark one day. His name is Peter."

"Some big ambitions I gotta say...but good ones. I'm sure he'll end up doing great things." Y/N replied.

The man nodded, "Sorry to bother you both, and thank you for all that you do. You guys carry a big responsibility, and I certainly appreciate it."

He bid farewell and continued walking down the sidewalk.

"What a nice guy." Wanda remarked.

"Sure was. I honestly thought it was paparazzi since...you know...we're the two best Avengers."

Y/N and Wanda finished eating, and went back to their car. They drove back to the facility after their day out, and entered the empty lounging area.

"Surprised no one's expecting us." Y/N remarked.

There was silence as Y/N placed the keys down on the counter. He tapped his fingers on the granite. Wanda went towards the fridge nearby.

"Well, I had a great time." Y/N spoke.

"Yeah. Me too."

"Okay..." Y/N fiddled with his hands and walked closer to her. "Maybe we can do this another time...if you're up for it of course."

Wanda placed her hands at the sides of his shoulders and went in for a kiss. Their lips met, and couple savored the moment.

"I'd like that." Wanda replied as she parted. Y/N smiled.

Nearby, Rhodey and Natasha were in the security room doing their daily checks. They witnessed the young Avengers' romantic moment.

Rhodey remarked, "This is better than regular television."