Chapter 6.

After getting dressed into black leggings and a normal tshirt, I clumsily walked down the stairs and headed for my sandals by the door. In the midst of putting the second sandal , a noise erupted from within the kitchen.

Sitting at the table, to my surprise, was a very much awake Cameron reading the...newspaper??

My feet padded against the tiled floor and Cameron looked up from the paper.

"Good morning Sam" he smiled which I happily greeted back.

I plopped down on the seat opposite from him and grabbed a bannana from the fruit bowl. "Soo ,since when did you start reading the newspaper?" I laughed taking a bite from the piece of fruit.

"Since today. It's actually very appealing" he said trying to show me an article about the senator.

"Great" I uninterestidly replied. I didn't find the plans our senator had for his future contributions the least bit appealing.

He laughed and returned back to his New source of entertainment. "So what are your plans today?" I asked setting down the peel to my bannana.

"Don't have any. What about you?" he answered turning the page to the newspaper.

"Same. Just have to go to the library to drop off a book. " I sighed not wanting to have anywhere to go right now. "Speaking of that book, have you seen it? I honestly forgot what it was cal-"

" ' the nightingale'? Yeah,yeah it's in the living room somewhere."

"So your the reason I couldn't find that book!" I playfully reached over and slapped his shoulder.

"Oops" he grinned, his eyes meeting mine for a brief moment sending familiar chills to run through me.

A comfortable silence ran through the kitchen as I picked at my nail polish. "Soo", a pause, "Why was jase over yesterday?"

It was enivitable I thought to myself. Of course Cameron would bring this up. He's always so curious as to what jase says to me, or really anything about jase.

"He wanted to talk I guess" I mumbled focusing on my nails. I knew that Cameron was staring at me, I can feel it.

"Hmm" he hummed. "You gave him our address?"

"Actaully no. He ran into Katie and she told him." before he could say anything more, I stood from my seat running a hand down my hair. Its a habit.

"I should get going before I talk myself into staying home all day" I said turning to leave.

" don't forget the book" Cameron said and I turned to grab the book. The book. How could I possibly forget the one thing I need.

The ride was short distanced which made me happy knowing I'd be back home anytime now. Pulling into the library lot, I noticed a sign hung over the slot to drop off books. Once I read the sign saying I had to come in and manually check it in, I groaned pulling into a parking space.

In the middle of the worker checking in the book, I noticed the door bell sounded indicating someone had came in or left. Out of instinct, I looked over noticing a familiar figure walking in through the door. A navy blue shirt clung to the character as black sweatpants suited the lower half. As I looked up at this person, I noticed the familiar figure was jase.

"All done Samantha" the clerk smiled reading from my profile.

I cringed as I looked over my shoulder hoping jase hadn't heard the clerk. To my luck he hadn't so I began to walk to the exit of the building.

"Samantha?"I turned around to find jase walking over to me with long strides" never thought I'd see you at the library" he laughed lightly as did I.