A Sᴏᴜʟ Nᴏᴛ Sᴏ Dɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ

Start from the beginning

Harry studied her Patronus, then faced her. "Felicity . . . you cast a non-verbal spell."

"I-" she glanced at Luna, who seemed to weigh her friend's emotion. "-I did?" Felicity gazed at her Patronus, then snapped her face away. I cannot bear to see it. And non-verbal spells were the last thing on her mind.

Cho knelt down to her. "I've practiced for days, and even my Patronus isn't as vivid as that."

Must mine be so vivid?

Cho patted her on the back. "I know, it's so overwhelming. My happiest memory almost caused me tears of joy too."

The Patronus raised its head curiously at Felicity, then turned ashen gray. The fur puffed away into flaky, curling cinders shrinking as they reached the arched ceiling. The Room of Requirement, for all its cushions, for all its spirit, for all its light, developed into a bleak, dark place in the eyes of Felicity. Cho's swan vanished after hers not long after.

Dropping her wand, she rose against the wall, hands pressed against the surface in search for grounding escape. Her gaze wandered towards the exit.

"Wait!" Luna's voice trailed behind, but Felicity swirled the invisibility cloak around herself, blending into the corridors.

She darted blindly onward, uncaring of where she headed, that Peeves dropped a dung bomb trail mere inches from her or that she headed further and further from the D.A. and Ravenclaw tower altogether.

"Accio Felicity's cloak!"

Her cloak lifted over her, spiraling into an outstretched floating hand. Halting, she waited until Luna caught up, ripping her own cloak off. Luna handed her back her Cedarwood wand. "You forget our cloaks aren't Hallows. Unlike Harry's, charms---Accio---works on ours."

Felicity shifted herself towards the darkening corridor, then released a weak laugh through sobs.

"Shh . . ." Luna's arms wrapped around her, embracing them in silence.

"I'm so bloody confused!" she eventually said into Luna's shoulder. "The goat, the damn goat's my Patronus. Two brown streaks; white face. In my uncharted memories."

Luna brushed aside a hair from her friend's face

Luna brushed aside a hair from her friend's face. "Is that so wrong?"

"Everything's wrong about it. I thought . . ." she sniffed, recalling Severus embrace her as Luna does. "I thought my Patronus was a doe."

"A doe . . ." Luna mused.

Luna's blue eyes shifted.

Click. Click. The sound of high heels.

". . . Oh . . . you did the right thing. Now . . ."

The sweet, girlish voice cooed again. ". . . dear, dear Miss Edgecomb, simply lead me . . ."