nightmare ♡

TW warning: death, nightmare, abuse, etc.
y/n POV

I hear a noise behind me, I slowly stir and turn around, confused and scared of the outcome of what I'm hearing.

I hear sniffling as well, I officially turn around quickly and see Karl, sitting in bed.

His head laying back against the wall, I notice tears down the side of his face and him shaking a bit.

"Karl?" I ask my boyfriend, looking up at him

He looks in my direction, and continues sniffling.

He says nothing, looking back at the ceiling again.

I sit up in a panic, growing concerned for him.

"Karl, babe, what's wrong?" I ask, sitting level to his face

He says nothing again, and I reach my hand over to wipe the tears off of his face.

I turn on a lamp on my bedside table, and look back at him, getting a better shot of him.

His eyes are red and puffy, his nose runny, and his face glowing from the tears.

"Did you have another nightmare Karl?" I ask, putting my hand on his shoulder

He says nothing, once again and grabs me, hugging me and leaning his face into my neck.

I hold him while he cries, allowing him to let it all out, hoping it's helping to relieve his stress.

I rub his back, and play with his hair, two things I know he finds calming.

He slowly calms down, catching his breath into a steady pace, and his heart rate slowing down.

"Do you think you can talk about it yet?" I ask him in a soft tone, not wanting to startle him.

This has happened before, a few times. I've learned what to do in these situations now, I know what calms him down and what doesn't.

I also know that usually, the nightmares he has paralyzes him in fear; hence why he struggles to talk at first and communicate with me what happened.

"it was another nightmare" he says quietly, still leaving his head comfortably in my neck.

"I know it was love, tell me what happened." I say, getting him to sit up normal and face me.

"um... it was pretty much... I uh, woke up and was in an all black- room type void thing. and I couldn't see anything, just pure blackness- and then I heard you.
I could hear you- hear you screaming from a distance- and I got scared. And I turned around and it was you tied up in a chair. You, y-you had bruises all over your arms and cuts on your face. And you were screaming my name." He chokes out, avoiding tears, and pauses to take a breath, which I'm happy he does- he's learning to calm himself down.

"jeez. continue" I tell him, making eye contact with him.

"and I started freaking out, you were in front of me tied up in a chair and I had to just watch because I couldn't move. Then this dark figure walked up to you, and held a knife to your neck, and you were screaming and yelling, you were so scared and I was yelling because I wanted to help you but I- I couldn't move..... I was so scared. I was trying to protect you but I couldn't. The figure pressed the knife harder on your neck, and he ended up...." he says, and I cut him off

"Okay, okay I get it. I'm assuming I died. You don't have to talk about it anymore, I want you to just forget about it happening. I'm right here babe, I always will be. I am completely safe and I will not get hurt- I promise" I tell him, reassuring him of my safety.

"I was just so worried y/n, and then when I tried to help you, I couldn't. And you were just sitting there, so desperately wanting help and I heard your screams and it was terrifying." He said, his voice shaky

"Karl, I am okay, I am safe. It was just a nightmare and is not real. Do you want to watch some adventure time or something to calm down and distract you?" I ask

"Yes please that would be so nice." He says

I turn on the tv and I grab him, us laying down and him leaning his head on my chest.

He falls asleep on me about an hour later, and I hold him for the rest of the night.

I fall asleep as well, once I know he is comfortably sleeping once again.

——————————-

Word count: 769

idk maybe it was cute idk HAHA