just friends pt. 1 ♡

Y/N POV

Karl has been my best friend for years. We have known eachother for years.

We were best friends back when he used to live in Oregon, then he moved and it was a long distance friendship.

Then, when I was financially stable, I moved myself to North Carolina just to be close with him again.

We see eachother every day, we spend a lot of time together, and we are inseparable!

We are the definition of "they're best friends your honor"

That being said, it's frustrating when people assume things.

For example; "do you like him??"

You think I'm allowed to like him? You think I'd even have a chance, to like him?

If he saw me like that, I have a feeling I would've known.

"No, no, we're just friends."

Conversations like those, are the most annoying to have.

Sure, we flirt. We are close, we get along, we are fond of eachother. But knowing we won't be anything hurts sometimes. I have to stop myself from catching feelings most of the time.

Interrupting me in my thoughts- I get a text from the man himself.

Karl🤍

hey. i can't hang out
today I'm sorry. I got busy

oh. Okay that's fine,
have fun and be
safe today! :)

I sigh, putting my phone down.

I get to see him almost every day, so I can't get upset about not seeing him for one.

However, we had plans to hang out today specifically and he cancelled without really giving reasoning.

But, he's my best friend, I truly can never get mad at him.

I decide to get on with my day, after having a slow start to my morning by sitting in bed.

I do normal things, I didn't have to work today so I cleaned for a few hours, got some things done, and had a really good productive day.

——————-
time skip :)
———————

I open my fridge, taking a look around and realizing I had quite a lot of... nothing.

Nothing in my fridge.

Maybe I should go on a quick trip to the grocery store?

I decide to hop in my car, driving to the store and going in, grabbing a cart and grabbing a few things I need.

As I stroll through the isles, I look at my surroundings, and quickly notice a familiar face.

I see Karl, grabbing a bag of chips and a monster, and then walking towards the front of the store to check out.

Interesting seeing him here, I decide not to say anything because I'm tired and it's been a long day.

I finish up my shopping, pay, and head back home, putting my groceries away, and laying down on my couch.

Honestly, I've been thinking about him all day.