"I know," Zoe stated. "But it'll be okay because we don't have to be mean to her anymore!" she said excitedly, smiling at me widely. "So now you can be happy, right?"

I nodded. "Right." Once I had Belle back in my arms and explained everything to her, I would be very, very happy again.

Content with my answer, Zoe looked back out at the people training. "What are they doing?"

I followed her gaze, watching the several groups of wolves fighting each other. "They're training. There's a war coming," I told her.

"Yeah, my mom told me," she said once again. "But you're gonna tell them to go away though, right? You can do that, right? Because your eyes turn red and stuff?"

I paused, thinking about it. Was she right? Could I use my new powers to stop the war and defeat Azazel?

"If only it were that simple," a voice behind us said. I turned to face Zagan. "There's a special kind of stone that someone can put into their ear that blocks out any kind of command that comes from a Mortar. It works like an earplug. I have no doubt that Azazel has made sure that all of his warriors have them."

Zoe gasped. She cupped her hands around her mouth and then put them to my ear. "Did you know that's a real-life vampire, Alpha Grayson? You can tell from his teeth."

"I think it's time you go back to the packhouse, Zoe. Where you're supposed to be," I told her with admonishment in my tone. Even though I knew that Zagan wouldn't do anything to hurt Zoe, I still didn't want her around him. I set her down on the ground. "Brent!" I called out to one of the pack members nearby. He was in front of me in an instant. "Will you take Zoe back to the packhouse? And make sure that there is someone looking after her so that she doesn't sneak away again."

Zoe complained and fought with me for a while but eventually went with Brent in defeat.

Zagan looked amused when I turned back to him. "I would have never expected the great Alpha Grayson to have a soft spot for kids."

"Is there a reason you came over here, King Zagan?" I asked, changing the subject. "Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

Zagan nodded. "I thought I should warn you before I brought an army of vampires onto your territory."

I immediately tensed, my wolf and vampire coming to the surface. "What?" I snapped.

Zagan jerked his chin towards the horizon. "See for yourself."

I snapped my gaze to where he was looking, sucking in a sharp breath as I saw thousands of vampires, all dressed in battle attire, approaching us.

I felt a burst of wind next to me. Kyle. "Uh... Say, Alpha, are you seeing the scary group of vampires approaching us? Or is that just me?" he asked. "They're definitely not the army of newborns we were preparing for."

Kyle was right. They were far too put together to be newborn vampires. They had to be the royal army. I crossed my arms over my chest and raised my brows in question. "Care to explain?" I asked Zagan.

Zagan smiled. "You didn't think I was going to leave you and your pack on your own, did you? It's my brother we're about to fight and therefore it is my battle just as much as it is yours. And I have a perfectly good army just waiting to be used." In a flash, Zagan was on the other side of the field, meeting the leader of the army and who I could only assume to be his firstborn son.

Kyle laughed. "Well, shit. This is gonna be interesting," he said, before following after Zagan.

"That's one way of putting it," I said, sighing.